Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Many of Your Daylilies are Blooming?

Posted by nutsaboutflowers 2b/3a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 21:32

Having done a daylily search on this forum, I've found out there's a lot of daylilies growing out there =:)

Are lots of them blooming, or are they late this year?

I have Stella D'oro and an unknown blooming. My new ones planted near the end of May have a few small buds coming. I'm so excited to see what colors they really are.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Many of Your Daylilies are Blooming?

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 alberta (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 22:31

I have a whole bunch blooming. Don't know their names as once I plant them I don't keep track. My favourites are the other lilies tho and poppies which are really starting to bloom

o

I have several blooming as well. I think they're about on time. Yours may not be because of your wet year. Dunno.

o

I hae Stella D'Oro blooming as well as Pardon Me and Chicago Apache. A few new ones I planted are not blooming, don't think they'll bloom this year (I don't believe daylilies bloom the first year)

o

I have a lot of daylilies just starting now. These are the ones I know of, from memory, that are blooming now...

Vatican City
Roses in Snow
Siloam Merle Kent
Destined to See
No Regrets
Siloam Jim Cooper
Siloam Red Ruby
Double Cutie
Yellow Bouquet
You Win
Shango
Jersey Spider
Hyperion
Matt
Dark Star
Stella d'oro
Bright Sunset
Fair Kelly Michelle
Now and Zen
a couple other Siloams
etc etc with more opening everyday.

I need to keep track of what daylilies I have so I don't purchase the same one again.

I love this time of year.

Brenda

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 8:53

These ones are still flowering for me now.

Strutters Ball
Supreme Apricot Ruffles
Dominic
S. Ury Winiford
S. Merle Kent
S. Virginia Henson
Betty Warren Woods
Sabine Bauer
Persian Shrine
Stella
Prime Picotee Multiflora

I've had Stella for about 8 years. She does not perform well for me so I'm going to get rid of her. Marg

o

My Dream Legacy bloomed today !! =:)

The pictures on the web don't do it justice.

It was just planted in my new lasagna bed near the end of May.

I bought it and others from Mother & Daughters Daylilies in Ontario.

If all the other ones I bought are as nice, I'm afraid I'll be giving away or shovel pruning a couple of Stellas......

o

About half of mine are blooming now. The other half have fat buds. My earliest one, 'Jerusalem', is about half done already.

o

Stella has been blooming forever already, of course. I love my Stella! She gets prettier every year, as my clumps get larger and she puts on more of a show.

A mislabeled NOID that I got 2 years ago has been blooming for quite awhile now.

I'm still waiting for Pardon Me..it has lots of blooms though.

As far as the ones I planted just this spring, Primal Scream is just finishing up blooming (I LOVE it! Glad I spent the money), Orchid Corsage just started(Love it!), and everything else has heavy buds.

o

Was looking around today and noticed scapes on quite a few daylilies. Forgot to check the Stellas, though. For some reason, they haven't bloomed yet, though my peach and purple Stellas both have. The purple one is not really worth it, though - not a very nice colour at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here