Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don555 Did you get hail?

Posted by nutsaboutflowers 2b/3a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 21:47

I hear Edmonton got hail last night.

I hope your garden didn't get beaten down like last year......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don555 Did you get hail?

I got hail and wind and buckets of rain. Also had 3 trees blown down. Not a very good nite. Leaves and branches everywhere. I'm east of Edmonton straight north of Sherwood park.

o

:( Sorry about your trees ............................how did the rest of your garden fare?

o

Don't really have much of a garden. Tomatoes had to be staked as they were all bent over . Sweetpeas smashed and some potatoes battered.

o

Nutsaboutflowers, thanks for the concern! We only got some big raindrops in my part of the city on Wednesday, but the sky looked incredibly dark and menacing to the northeast (as some people seem to have suffered... I heard up to golf ball sized hail). We had minor hail damage earlier in June from a brief hailstorm with hail from pea to marble size, but apart from some bruised and broken leaves, it really didn't amount to much thankfully.

Sorry to anyone who got hit hard by Wednesday's storms. The only condolence I can offer is that my garden was hit hard by hail early last July, but in the end most plants recovered pretty well, with only a few vegetables and flowers (but all of the tree fruits) being a complete write-off. We are really just getting into summer, so still lots of time for plants to grow and recover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here