Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Need Advice for My Impulse Tree Purchase

nutsaboutflowers
13 years ago

I went out looking for a smallish tree to plant to potentially some day grow enough to replace a larger aging ash tree. It will be planted relatively close.

I really like Amur Maples and have one that I planted last year. I didn't plan on buying another one.

I found 3 Amur Maples in one pot. I asked the sales person about branches getting too close as they grew, and she said to just trim them. So, since I'm far from being a tree expert.......

Do you suppose these 3 trees were planted in one pot with the idea that people would separate them (it saves space), or did I buy what is supposed to end up as a multi-trunk tree? I've only seen single trunk Amur Maples. If it's multi trunk, should all three grow straight up or should they be allowed to slant outwards a bit?

I know, I'm bad for buying things and then figuring out what to do with them after I get them home, LOL. I won't mention what else I've bought lately =:)

Any and all comments greatly appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. Some websites say the Amur doesn't like being trimmed, and others say it can be pruned to stay smaller. ????

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner