Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northspruce

What are our antique rose options nowadays?

northspruce
12 years ago

Who sells old garden roses in Canada these days? I know Corn Hill in the Maritimes, they ship bareroot which I'm leery of. Their shipping used to sound exorbitant but it's fairly average now. If I can't find anything else I'm going to order from them next spring.

Pickerings has some but they're bareroot and grafted. I've ordered from them before.

Old Rose Nursery in BC has been sold and it sounds like they're starting from the ground up. Most of their varieties are unavailable. They used to be the best place, they shipped the plants own-root and potted.

Any others I'm missing?

Comments (3)

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Hortico. I've ordered from them in the past with no problems. Bare root as well. Their prices are still decent tho. :)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Their shipping was out of sight, though.

• northspruce
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh thanks I forgot about Hortico. I prefer potted plants but I guess that would cost a fortune to ship these days. I looked at all 3 and their shipping to MB is average $25, they're pretty much all the same.

I need more Albas. And I want York & Lancaster but nobody seems to have it... :0( And I want Reine des Violettes. I have many wants.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!