Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What keeps me sane.....

Posted by honalee 3a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 22:51

A couple of pics taken today. First warm day with no rain!!

Updated on Land called Honalee garden 8X8 weeded mostly, with Cash's mom Chloe snooping around.

Garden and Chloe July 17 2011

New iris bed out front New iris garden July 17 2011 year one

Volunteer hollyhock
Holyhock volunteer July 17 2011

Unknown plant hangin on the dog fence
Unknown potted annual July 17 2011

Virginia Creeper 2 years old now on the dog fence
Virginia Creeper on dog fence July 17 2011

Last bloom for the season on Mom's peony 65 years old
Last bloom of the season for Mom's peony july 17 2011

Old daylily more than 40 years.
More of Dad's daylilies

My garden helpers Jack and Johnny Cash
Jack and Johnny Cash July 17 2011

Another garden shot with Puff
Garden with Puff July 17 2011

Puppy sitting Miss Graci aka Gairden's Angel Of The Morning
Graci by front garden July 17 2011

What a wonderful day in the garden.:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What keeps me sane.....

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 23:05

Great pictures! And I love the one of the BC. What a great looking dog,

o

Took me a minute to figure out what BC is.....They are actually registered Shelties. Most people don't know they come in bi black. I have been breeding shelties for about 8 years now and often puppy sit my past puppies. They are really good dogs in the garden. Very smart and love to follow me everywhere. I usually have at least one or two with me at all times out in the yard.
This guy is Gairden's Blackjack. The puppy that didn't find a home 2.5 years ago! Afraid Cash will be staying too. :(

Jack July 16 2011

o

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 1:11

It looked like a perfect day in your garden and no better way to spend it then with you 4 footed family...Jean

o

Very nice, Honalee. I'd love to see pictures some day of your peonies blooming - that must be awesome!

o

I took a few this season of some individual blooms. I can post them if you wish. Last year I was out of commission for most of the year so my poor peony garden took a lot of abuse from weeds and especially thistles. Still working on that one as we have had record amounts of rainfall this season so far. And the mosquitoes are sooooo bad. Haven't ventured out to much into the back of the yard. Mom's peonies are right off the deck. I did pick 2 buckets full of blooms on the 5th of July and took Dad out to the cemetary to visit my mom and brother. Half went to the care home where Dad is. Should have taken a picture. That was a colorful sight. Again the skeeters were so bad.~ Ginny

o

Stupid me. I shud have known that was a Sheltie. Much too compact then a BC. You must groom them often to keep that kind of coat looking so great

o

Surprisingly, I don't. They are very clean dogs. They shed a lot, of course but it's usually seasonal. And at this moment they are very much in need of a groom and bath. I have 6 of my own at this time, so they are a bit of work plus I cook natural for them.
And you are not stupid one bit. Everybody who isn't a sheltie breeder thinks these guys are border collies. And they don't know 'what' poor Painter is. I'll post a pic of him when he is dry! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here