Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scg_

Saskatoon berries

Sorry I can't resist posting this. My youngest after gorging herself on sask. berries.

I am sure so many of you can relate.

SCG

Comments (12)

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    10 years ago

Too, too cute!!!!!!

• ostrich
    10 years ago

Oh! SCG, you got me there! LOL! I was thinking that I would click on your thread and see lots of huge Saskatoon Berry bushes and then I would go on my usual rant about how my builder's silly landscaper put two of these bushes in my north-facing front yard, in a suburban master planned neighbourhood....!!! LOL! No, instead, we got a little cute photo of your daughter! :-)

Thank you! Perhaps you need to come to my front yard and dig out these two bushes for your backyard! LOL! Otherwise, I wouldn't know what to do when my own landscaper comes this week and redo my front yard........

• User
    10 years ago

Do I see a day trip coming SCG?? Is your PAD acting up?

Ostrich you should post pics and really temp him.

• northspruce
    10 years ago

Cute! My daughter is almost 6 and past the "wearing her food" stage but she sure raids berries and peas when she finds them.

• SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks shillanorth

Ostrich, if it was closer I would come and get them. First time my girls got them and lets just say they didn't eat dinner.

CLB lol! If they were not abundant here I seriously would. My girls loved them. I think my PAD is in remission. Two days in a row in the greenhouses and I bought nothing. Yeahp, I am sweating and my mouth is dry. Almost left with a peonie. Dang Ginny! Poppies are blooming about a handful a day. I will have extra seed this year if anyone desires.

North, that pic of her was after she figured out that picking the berries and eating them was a lot of work. Was easier to rake the branch with your teeth. The odd 'undesirable' was worth the lack of effort. Too bad I needed both hands to hold the branches at her level without breaking them. Video would have been great.

I couldn't resist posting because we all garden for the joy it both brings to us and others. Her tired, fruit sugar filled happiness was overwhelming.

Thanks all

SCG

This post was edited by SouthCountryGuy on Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 16:01

• User
    10 years ago

I think your daughter must be practicing for the pulling weeds by mouth. Looks like she is good at it. Tell her to beware of Blackberries.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol! Yeah! She actually passed me an almost bisected caterpillar with "yucky". I think with a regimented training schedule I can have her up to Olympic standards. Who needs goats!

• Pudge 2b
    10 years ago

Outstanding capture, your daughter is adorable.

• northernmn
    10 years ago

Priceless picture.... Thank you for sharing!

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    10 years ago

So cute! Little kids are funny! Our granddaughter thinks picking berries is a lot of work too. When she was three, she said she was the tester so she just picked and ate. And she kept the bears away by standing on a rock and yelling "YUMMY YUMMY I GOT BYOO-BERRIES IN MY TUMMY!" LOL

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Pudge and Northernmn.

Marciaz3 great story. I now wish I had more berries for them to pick. Guess I better get to the nursery and pick something up! And since the babysitter didn't show I get to be with the kids. I'll take them to the nursery and let them graze and see what they like the best!

SCG

• Konrad___far_north
    10 years ago

Great shot with back light, making these angle hair really glow.
    It will be one of those pictures coming up on her wedding, lol.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting