Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Freya' bellflower

Posted by twrosz Z3 Ab. (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 23:02

Got this one from Lindenburg last year, it's really a great looking dwarf plant and suppose to be a long bloomer that stays in bounds as compared to others, but do not feed heavily or plant in rich soil or it will flop. The color shown here is somewhat off, it's more purple than blue.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Freya' bellflower

It's beautiful!

o

Very pretty and a lot more floriferous than other clustered bellflowers. I wonder if this one is as invasive?

o

Yes it is certainly very nice.

o

It's super pretty. Update us in 2 years if it has any children or not. I've still got a can of Round Up for the last "non-invasive" bellflower I was given seeds for, 7 years ago. >:(

o

Donna, below is a review of the plant. I find it provides a really nice little splash of color and if it continues to impress I'll be dividing and moving it all around the place.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Delights Nursery ... review of 'Freya'

o

Thankfully I had full hands or I would own this, despite bellflower warnings, as they had a nice specimen and the garden center today.

To slow myself down I will not take a cart when looking at plants so I have to stop when my hands are full to carry anymore...lol

Keep us updated on how it 'spreads'

SCG

o

WOW! This is super pretty! Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

I bought a large pot of Campanula Superba from Costco this year - I cannot wait to see how it looks next year! Oh yeah, it is supposed to spread a bit too....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here