Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A welcome home

Posted by bloomorelse Z4b NB Canada (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 17, 09 at 23:41

I had sooo many buds on things when I went on my trip, I was afraid I'd miss some before I got back. Although the roses don't look great because of all the rain, everything else seems to like it. Here are some garden shots after I got home. Still haven't decided what to put on our new arbor we made before the trip.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seedling of The President and Venosa Violacea

Princess Diana and Bonanza

C Arabella and Cheer Up

Etoile Violet

Hot Cocoa

Ville de Lyon

arbor - homemade

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A welcome home

Very nice pictures. I always find it interesting when you go away in summer, you notice how things grew even in those few days. Plus, when you come home and look at your yard, it sort of gives you a fresh perspective just as if you were visiting somewhere and looking at the yard for the first time. You appreciate your hard work all the more.

o

You have a beautiful yard and garden, Joan! :) What are the red flowers in the second picture - the ones that sort of look like a bright red centaurea?

Also, i believe it was you who was interested in seeds from my apricot calla lily? I planted it up in the spring and it's coming extremely slowly, so i don't know if it will even bloom this year. Will keep you in mind, though, if it does.

o

The display of clematis is simply breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your beautiful garden pictures.
You now have inspired me to look for more clematis!

o

Wow, what a great wall effect with all the clematis and delphs! I'm wondering what the red things are too, are they bee balm?

o

Yes, the red flowers in the 2nd pic is bee balm. I seem to have acquired a new addiction, daylilies from seed. Here are a few of my favs so far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hmmm, if i get seeds from the calla could i trade for some of those red bee balm? Anything else you're looking for in case the calla doesn't come through this year?

o

• Posted by savona z2bBCCanada (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 14:29

Your garden is gorgeous!The clematis are wonderful..Jean

o

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

MarciaZ3 - I've never tried to get seeds from bee balm. I usually just cut them back once the first flush is done and get a smaller flush on the side shoots. Will have to google and see how to save the seeds. If I don't get seeds, maybe we could swap the actual plant (me)/bulb(you)in the Spring. They multiply reeeally quickly. I started out with 3 tiny plants and the following year, I had a patch 3 ft round.

o

Thanks, Joan. We'll see what we can do. :)

o

Wow Joan...

Absolutely Fabulous... love that wall of Clematis... I had thoughts of putting up a high fence/screen with Alpina clematis (more hardy here in Zone 1B)...

Love those daylily seedlings too.. I have the same addiction I think... lol...

Loved your pics...

Rob

o

Joan, my calla is blooming. I don't know what will become of it because the leaves are only about 3" high! Weird! Don't know if it will go to seed, though. We'll see.

o

Lovely Joan. Just one question...Where are the weeds? lol

Shelley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here