Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks to you!

Posted by SouthCountryGuy SE BC 4b wannabe 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 23:44

Well, 18 months ago I took the dive.

Then

and now

I so appreciate all the help and friendships I have acquired. I can't wait to show you pictures years from now when things have matured.

You folks are the best.

SCG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks to you!

It's looking great, L! Another year or two and the plants will be leaping.

o

Yes, it does look great! And yes, this forum is the best. I've learned so much from everyone in all the years i've been coming here. Now it's good to be able to help other newer gardeners. :)

o

SCG, you have a really nice location among the conifers and have done so much so quickly, thanks for showing! As Marcia, had said this forum is the best and it had gotten all that much better and MORE FUN since you joined us :)

o

Thanks all...I do appreciate this forum the most. Great people with tons of quality advice, plus many like roses!!

I am working on my high grass lost from last winter, nearly 50% in the 2yr old lawn. But kids play in grass and I would rather be in the gardens....

Terrance the conifers are a royal pain.. I spent 2K this spring to drop trees to have sunlight for the roses and need to do another 2K, methinks for them to do well...... I can package them up and send them to you if you want.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

SCG

o

SCG, sure, I'd like some of those trees delivered balled and burlapped, freight kindly prepaid, okay?? I can help you fall the others, though my lumberjack skills are limited and there's not guarantee as to what direction they'll come crashing, sooo you'll need to be responsible for pushing or roping and pulling them. lol. My Polish friend was a professional Lumberjack back home and had fallen a massive multi stemmed birch that was very close and leaning towards our house, I did not doubt his cutting skills, though his tied together flimsy rope left me very apprehensive ... okay, just plain scared!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here