Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deirdre Viridiflora Tulip

Posted by nutsaboutflowers 2b/3a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 0:46

Has anyone grown these?

They're on the Botanus website and they're quite unique.

I might just have to get some =:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deirdre Viridiflora Tulip

I've had some viridiflora tulips and yes, they are unique! Mine is/was Chinatown, i believe. I don't think it turned up this year.

o

I don't grow many tulips but I do have Chinatown and I love them especially because of their variegated foliage that is very attractive. I'm not sure of their longevity but I have had them for several years and would certainly consider planting them as an annual. I've seen some other viridiflora tulips that I would consider as well; I definately would recommend them.

o

I grew the deirdre tulips last year--they are quite lovely. They looked wonderful in my mixed woodland garden.

o

Well, I planted 10 Deirdre today. I put them 2" or so deeper than they say to. Botanus advised me to do that. I'll post next spring whether they came up or not.

o

My Deirdre tulips came up and they were spectacular !

The unique green, white, and yellow looked really nice with the Little Giant Cedars, and Blizzard Mock Orange, and Arctic Primula (?)

I sure hope they come up again next year. They were well worth the money even if they don't last more than one year.

o

You need to get a new computer so you can post pictures! Of course, that might cut into your garden budget, eh? But you can do monthly payments.... LOL

I have one viriflora that has turned up out of the mixed tulips i bought last year. Might be a Spring Green. I had them as well but don't see them anywhere this spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here