Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pulmonaria Trevi Fountain question

Posted by ostrich 3a AB (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 1:16

Hi everyone,

I bought several Pulmonaria Trevi Fountain from the Costco clearance last month. They have been doing well, especially considering that they were not in great shape to start with!!!

My question is, the plants I got never had any silver spots on them. I thought they were just not so healthy leaves so when the new ones came out, they would have the characteristic silver spots. NO! As the new leaves come out now, they are all just solid dark green. Could it just be that it's the first year in ground? Or would they have mislabeled these ones at Costco?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pulmonaria Trevi Fountain question

I was wondering if they need cooler spring conditions to bring out their colouring but if they didn't even have any spots when you purchased them that seems not quite right. Perhaps reversion to an original plain green rootstock? Just speculation. I don't think Ive ever seen a pulmonaria with just green leaves.

o

I have never seen a solid green leafed lungwort either. One thing about growing them...if it doesn't seem to be thriving, move it to another location. Mine were in too sunny a spot and they barely lived. I moved them to morning sun and they are thriving. I find heucheras and astilbes are the same, you need to give them the right conditions in order to do well; some other perennials are a lot more forgiving.

o

Let me guess, shovel prune?

SCG

o

I came across a solid green pulmonaria- check out mollis Samobor pulmonaria. Said to grow quite large: 1-2 ft.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here