Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny_mclean_petite_garden

A few pics of the flowers in my garden

I've taken so many pictures of my lilies and dayliies this year, not to mention the irises, I thought it best to just post a few choice ones and my link to photobucket ( I hope it works). Some beautiful blooms this year and they did it all on their own. Sure hope my health stabilizes soon as I have plenty of fall planting to do. >;)

http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv234/Gairdens_Shelties/

Ginny

OMG Far too many to post here!

Comments (14)

• beegood_gw
    11 years ago

They are just beautiful.!! You certainly have a gift for growing flowers. Thanks for sharing.

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

The lilies are awesome! My favorites of those are #2 & #6. Do you know the names of them? My lilies are slowly disappearing. Wish I could get rid of those ****voles/moles! I really like some of the daylilies, especially the 2 white ones - must be my white year LOL. My favorite of them is the first one, the one that polys. I love polys. What is it called? The second one has a nice green throat. The first one, the pink one with the edge is really nice to, name please? #8 is a really nice one to. Thanks for posting those lovelies. Marg

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I checked the link this morning and it doesn't go directly to my large album with all this years flowers. I don't know if anyone can click into the album with 602 pics in it. The first 5 pages are this year, I think. Not really much of a computer wizz. Can't say I'm very good at picture taking either. :(

Lilies are just finishing up now and daylilies are only a few late bloomers. Some of the good bloomers are still opening.

I have been so out of it lately that I forgot to post the names. Sorry Marg. I have quite a few of the pink and yellow ruffly bloomers as they are my favorite. Many first time blooming. Top to bottom names are as follows: (I think)>:)

Tiger Edition Oriental hybrid
    Starlight Express oriental lily
    Farolito lily
    Echinecea Double Decker- that didn't double
    Unknown lily that came with Speckles and Freckles combo.
    Salmon Star oriental hybrid lily
    Trumpet lily Easter Morn
    Casa Blanca orietal lily
    DL Shadows Of The Rainbow
    DL Great White
    DL Angel Walker- I think
    DL Delta Dragon
    DL Paint By Number
    DL White Crinoline
    DL Bhuddah
    DL Angel Walker- for sure
    DL Maple Hues
    DL Forever Blowing Bubbles
    DL Puffer Fish
    DL Jacquiline Kennedy Onasis
    DL I don't know, mystery, could be Christmas Greetings or Blackjack Cherry??

White Crinoline and Chipped Ice were the whitest this year for me, although Great White is a real beauty and seems to perform well. :)

Hope the link opens. I think most of them are named on PB.

Ginny

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Ginny, just to let you know I opened the album on the first post and when I tried the second link you posted, I got the same album with the sub albums. Marg

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Marg. :)

• User
    11 years ago

I am having a brown thumb year nothing has flowered for me so I am living my garden vicariously through your pics thanks for posting- Maybe next year my lillies will bloom lifted them this year but probably too late.

• mytime
    11 years ago

Your lilies and daylilies are gorgeous...but more beautiful to me is that I can see SUNLIGHT reflecting off of them. If I could have a little sunshine here, maybe some of my own flowers would open.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad the blooms are being enjoyed! Sending sun, sun, sun! It is 25 here at noon and lots of sun! I like it but can do without the heat. The dogs and I spend the day in the basement these days. :)

Ginny

• ostrich
    11 years ago

Ginny, thanks for the eye candy! I really enjoy the pics, esp. those of the lilies!

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing - lovely to see when so few of mine have bloomed. :)

• northspruce
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Ginny! I really like that Salmon Star, it's very different. How old are your Orientals and Xes? Most of mine don't do so well but this year, the ones that have been struggling are having a bit of a renaissance.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Most are on their first year, Gil. My Garden Party didn't make it through the winter last season so I wasn't impressed since I bought it as a potted lily. I wanted to put Salmon Star with it. :(

I started all of these from bulbs and they have done well. Perfect year for them and my older ones have tripled! 2 sets of bloom on my tiger lilies and they are over 40 years old!

Lots of water and tomato fertilizer.....I grew cucs in with the lilies in the new bed. :)

Ginny

• Konrad___far_north
    11 years ago

These are just lovely!