Don.t know the name

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 10:27

photo -10-8-13001_zps30673b2d.jpg
Lost the tag. Love the scent and being beautiful is another plus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don.t know the name

Pretty, pretty one! I have many blooming right now and many daylilies as well. :)

Ginny

o

How about Bee-utiful

o

Looks like a Stargazer lily, no?

o

No it's not a Star Gazer. I have only ever had one and it died a long time ago. I found 2 brite red beetles on one of my lilies this morning. They were about 1cm long. Are these lily beetles.?So far I haven't seen any others.

o

I hope you killed them. Sound like lily beatles

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily Beetle

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 10:27

Oh yes they are as squished as can be. By what I have read they can be a real problem but did not know we had them here.

o

It's an OT hybrid lily. I have Lavon, which is similar but with less red. Yours might be Robert Swanson, not sure.

I'm glad I'm not battling lily beetles, sure takes a lot of the pleasure out of gardening with lilies, that's for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here