2b or not 2b

Posted by intotheark (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 13:10

for me it is not 2b anymore
moved to the shuswap and just finished picking the last of my peaches

thanks to all the contributors on this forum
for sharing their knowledge and experiences

the new owner of my place has the website still up and running,
so hopefully there is still some helpful info for far north fruit growing and natural pest controls

http://arkgardens.com

take care all

happy gardening

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2b or not 2b

What zone are you now?

o

Now that is a huge jump...I believe depending on where you are your zone 6 or 7.... Zone envy here....hope you keep posting with this forum.

SCG

o

I had a friend (lost track of her now) who went from zone 0b to zone 7. She found it quite challenging, she said, to garden in such a high zone. She had beautiful gardens where she was.

o

At zone 0b what do you grow, hoar frost and hair?

SCG

o

Uh yeah, and blackflies. Was that Hunnerbun, Marcia?

Good luck in your warmer endeavours, IntotheArk!

o

Good for you!
I bet, making a living from your garden is easier in Shuswap.
Are you not sorry, leaving all that investment, incl. your hard labor, sweat & soul behind??

o

No, Gil, it was Alta. I met her in a different forum but she sometimes posted here. She had a great website but has since taken it down and i lost track of her. I think she wanted to be lost track of. :) I'd forgotten about Hunner. I think last i remember she said they were leaving Thompson.

I can't remember all that Alta grew but she grew lots, and she also took care of the gardens at the zoo in Thompson. They have a short growing season but all the extra light helps a lot.

o

Intotheark, hey best wishes in your new banana-belt zone! No doubt it will bring its own set of rewards and challenges. If you have sweet cherries, they will definitely fall into the "reward" category next June or July!

o

i was thinking zone 6a like SouthCountryGuy said

Konrad,
it was a family matter, so there was no looking back
the new view helps...

o

Soon... Soon...

Just gotta watch out for the monster slugs :P

o

intotheark, I still plead you to keep posting here. Will take some of the pressure off of me. You have no idea how hard it is being the only HOT guy on a cold forum! Two HOT people are better than one!

SCG

o

Peaches huh? You sure like rubbing that into our faces, huh? ;)

o

From chokecherry to peaches,..quite a jump,..can you handle it?
Nice view!

o

Take care, I found your information good and practical. Drop in on the forums from time to time, I'm sure we'll still have questions!

And yes, nice view on the new property!

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 21:21

All the best in your new venture. Took a grafting class at Greenland and had some luck .Dont miss the cold too much

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 21:26

All the best in your new venture. Took a grafting class at Greenland and had some luck .Dont miss the cold too much

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here