Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
has anyone ordered daylilies from....

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 16:47

oldheirloomroses.com in Halifax? They have some really nice ones plus they are having a summer sale on right now. I was thinking of giving them a try. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: has anyone ordered daylilies from....

Hi there. If you search the old thread called - Old Heirloom Roses Halifax - you'll see what other people had to say.

They say they are a "family run mail order" business so I wouldn't necessarily fault them for their website being behind or looking like a small place when someone drives by. Some small businesses are run better than large ones.

If you're really curious, you could do a web search on the area, (or google maps), find another business close to it, and phone that business and ask the person working there if they're familiar with Heirloom Roses and how they like it. That's if you really want to order from them and really want to know =:)

o

I have debated buying roses from them in the past but the shipping charges were astronomical. Might be a lot less for you living closer though.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 16:16

I checked out the link nutsaboutflowers gave me and found it interesting. I understand about a smaller business trying to start up so I decided to send them an email and see what happens. The one thing that is holding me back is the tax + shipping charges. I find these to be quite high. Marg

o

I'm not sure what summer sale you are referrring to, Marg, but I find that the prices on their current website are average to higher for daylilies. I recently bought some daylilies from Red Lane in PEI (based on the recommendation of folks on this forum) and found the service, price, etc. was great.

Here is a link that might be useful: PEI daylily source

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here