Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morden m604 apricot tree . Anybody seen them around?

Posted by mattpf none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 16:51

I've been looking so hard for a morden 604 cot tree. Now it's end of season maybe some fellow hobbiest have seen one around. Closet place I found one was in Nova Scotia lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morden m604 apricot tree . Anybody seen them around?

I have a dead one. There are sprouts coming from the root. Does anyone know whether this would be the Morden or other root stock?

o

Possibly rootstock, I would think known names are grafted, unless it was tissue cultured?

o

If they are coming out above the graft than that's morden604 . Anything below it will be rootstock. A common rootstock for cots are haggith.

Where did you get the m604 tree from if you don't mind telling. After seeing how well all my westcot have come back I'm interested in the next best variety.

This post was edited by mattpf on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 11:20

o

The tree came with the house and died about a year later.

o

These apricot varieties are going extinct. Cannot find brookcot m604 trees any more.
To heck with it I give up .

o

My timing is terrible. Dutch Growers in Regina had them in July. The 604 variety is easy to see on the signs. You could call them and find out who their supplier was and remember that for next season. Sorry I could not have been more help.

o

I called Dutch growers this early summer and they had not apricot trees at the time I called . I got a new variety two weeks ago that will produce larger apricots

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here