Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's only just begun

Posted by CLBlakey (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 17:43

to flower.....................my daylily that is after 6 long years (possibly more) my daylily is getting a flower. I lifted them last year as per someones suggestion and had lost hope. Until last Friday when I noticed a little bud if I am lucky it will open before frost.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's only just begun

That first bud will be open tomorrow!

o

How exciting! My daylilies are doing really well this year! Most of them have lots of scapes with lots of buds and flowers. Last year, they didn't like the hot humid summer we had and very few had any blooms.

o

Full celebration mode begins now :D

o

Woo hoo! Nice one! Does it have a name?

o

Beautious!

o

I have no idea what it is called sorry. I may just nickname it White Rabbit- as in I'm late.. I'm late

o

I was thinking in the spring of dividing as maybe that too has something with the not blooming factor as well as where they are don't get enought sun. I could mail out some specimens if someone wanted maybe a swap for shade plants.

o

I've moved a couple of daylilies into more sun and it really helped. For some reason I thought of them as shade plants. Wrong.

I was thinking about NAF's "stars" thread recently. This year my daylilies were really beautiful!

o

I've moved a couple of daylilies into more sun and it really helped. For some reason I thought of them as shade plants. Wrong.

I was thinking about NAF's "stars" thread recently. This year my daylilies were really beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here