Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They really do

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 19:33

Sit on lily pads. I think he was just waiting for some one to come along and take his picture.
 photo FrogonLilypad004_zps3c6589a3.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They really do

Ha ha!!!! Love it!!!!!

o

Did you kiss him???

o

Nice! ..that means LUCK!
What water lilies do you have,..got one white one going in the pond after I killed many.

o

Sure hope you're right Konrad. I did kiss the frog and we were both disappointed.. I was hoping for a handsome prince and he was hoping for beautiful lady frog. Maybe another day and another frog.

o

Awe.....and he is such a sweet frog! Before you meet the handsome prince, you have to kiss a lot of toads, Ingrid! Lol :)

Ginny

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 12:45

NO Thanks... Ginny I WAS married to one . No more toads for me. Bring on a prince.

o

That photo is super cute!

o

Maybe it is a slow transformation.

o

Funny, Cindy!!! I was married to a prince and I am beginning to think they only come along once in a life time. :)

Ginny

o

Konrad I have 2 water lilies. One white and one pink. That's what the tags say as they have never bloomed. Mite bring them in for the winter and see if they will do better next year. Even if they are just landing pads for frogs.

o

Sure, ..I've wintered them in the fridge, sometimes I didn't and lost them when the pond went down, last couple of years with more rain helped,..especially when I enlarged the pond and water level is more stable.

o

One of my lilies finally bloomed. The pink one is a write off for this year. Might keep it over in a cold room in the basement

photo Waterlily035_zps8fb4d91c.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here