Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beegood_gw

Some of my flowers ( LILIES )

beegood_gw
12 years ago

Put them together to speed it up.Best blooms I think I have had.

Comments (15)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Is that Brookswood Lee Causey in the middle on the bottom? I have it and it's very nice this year. Most of my lilies are doing really well.

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have to admit I don't have any idea what any of them are. Buy them because I like what the picture looks like and that's about it.Bad me I know!

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Hey, you snuck a daylily in there, LOL!

They're all very pretty, and the way you put them together like that makes for an interesting view of them. =:)

12 years ago

Check out my picture in the daylily thread in the gallery - it looks like it might be the same!

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Awesome lilies Beegood! So colorful; just like a patchwork quilt! :)

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're right Marcia it looks identical to yours. You have some beautuful ones. I will have to write down the name so I will know at keast one.

• Konrad___far_north
    12 years ago

These are very pretty...nice variety!

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Nice lilies and daylily Beegood! I like them all.

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I thought Daylilies were lilies as well. Aren't they? Shows how much I know about lilies. Are Martagons considered lilies. Love them.

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Hi beegood.

Daylilies are not lilies. The Martagons you love are a lily though.

The bloom on the daylily usually opens in the morning and can be done by the end of that day. Thus, daylily. In my experience though, my daylilies often last two days, or at least almost. If you're looking through catalogues or at the store and you find Hemerocallis, that's a daylily.

If you have a look in your garden at the blooms you have in your picture here, you should be able to tell a distinct difference in the foliage of the daylily you have pictured. Someone else here can probably verify that, as I've only got two kinds of lilies, and I think 7 kinds of daylilies, so I'm not too familiar with the foliage of very many lilies. I'm hoping somebody will pipe up and speak further about this so I can learn a thing or two also =:)

• beegood_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh I can tell the difference in leaves and flowers etc. It's just that I figured if they are both " Lilies " they were in the same group.

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Oops, sorry. My bad. ( Is that the saying these days?)

I hope someone will still enlighten me =:)

12 years ago

As Lynne said, daylilies are hemerocallis, while lilies are lilium, so two different things. There are lilies of the valley too, but i can't remember their Latin name - starts with C. So they aren't really lilies either.

• northspruce
    12 years ago

Convollaria? Convallaria? something like that.

The girls are right about daylilies vs. lilies. They don't really have much in common besides the name. Daylilies grow from a rhisome (thickened root) with the leaves in a fan much like an iris. Lilies grow from a true bulb with the leaves arranged either alternately, oppositely, or in a whorl around a central stem.

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Just as I thought, but I don't know much =:)

Thanks Gillian.

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH