Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joan_dupuis

Gallery post/pics

Joan Dupuis
14 years ago

Don't know why I missed all these beautiful posts of the Alphabet plants til now. I'm having a great time checking out each letter's plants. Making a list of who has what (of what I like) and hope you won't mind sharing where I can get some of these plants. I should probably wait til I'm off work with my 2nd hip replacement to help pass the time checking them out, but I'm too curious and impressed with all the beautiful pics.

Joan

Comments (4)

• sierra_z2b
    14 years ago

Hi Joan,

Yes the photos in the Gallery are lovely. But there was so little participation this year that Sharon gave up posting them. Brenda finished the alphabit, but again lack of others participation took the fun away. For the alphabit threads to continue and work, more participation would have been nice. I don't know about others but I like seeing photos of everyones gardens.

I know I know I couldn't post pics either...so that didn't help, but I did at least try to comment to let them know their photos and efforts of sharing were very much appreciated. They do have lovely photos and gardens.

Sierra

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

Might be easier for me this year because i have a new and quick-like-a-bunny-rabbit computer. That was my problem over the past couple of years - it just took ages to get my pictures TO Photobucket in the first place and then FROM it after that! Will make a better attempt this coming (~shudder~) winter. :)

• valleyrimgirl
    14 years ago

I should be able to post in the alphabet again this coming season (wouldn't want to say that word either)...once I go thru the hundreds of photos I took this summer. It was actually good for me to do so, that way all the new photos of new perennials got put into my photobucket albums and the computer pictures got names and dates put on each picture.

Marcia, yes, a faster computer is wonderful!

Sierra, thanks for the comments on the pictures... even if you don't post pictures it is nice to hear comments and questions about the pictures that do get posted.

And, yes, Joan, making a wish list is great. I know I get requests from others in regards to the 'split'ability of some of the perennials I post in the gallery.

Well, back to making pickles!! Finally the cucumbers are ready.

Brenda

• Joan Dupuis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I sure enjoyed looking at all the beautiful pics. Still not finished the alphabet yet. Just home from work. Later tonight I'll look at more. I started writing down my list and who had them, but then decided to put them on a word document sheet. Seemed quicker and more organized. You girls are a lot more organized than I am. Being a clematis addict, I know most of the names of those that I have, and roses, but the rest, I have no idea what variety hosta or phlox or potentilla I have other than pink potentilla, white phlox, etc. It's too late in the season to take many pics now for posting in the 2009 alphabet, but I'm sure I could find a few. I didn't realize there were soooo many different iris, lilies, .... I'm only on a small city lot, so don't have acres to plant like you girls. (Green with envy)

So far I didn't see anyone post pics of their alstroemaria. They don't have those here. I asked a nursery why not and they told me it was too humid here and they didn't like that kind of weather.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!