o
Gak. F warning tonight

Posted by shazam_z3 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 21:19

Yikes. In Cochrane, Airdrie etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gak. F warning tonight

I know, I know, I just saw that too and I felt sick in my stomach!!! Summer is over, and we now have the "F" word in the forecast!? YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!

o

I just squeaked by last night at 2 degrees and I didn't cover the tenders. So sad just started harvesting beans and zucs. Cucs are not going to produce this year. Going out to cover beans now. Cheryl

o

Even worse in Nfld...currently -1 C in Badger, NL.

o

Way too early! I'm hoping for at least another month before frost, but it does become a threat from here on.

o

The computer says, its 8 degrees outside, the thermometer in the garden is reading 2. I would love to get another month, my fall lettuce is just starting to get nice. Think I will leave the tenders covered if we go anywhere over night just to be safe. C

o

Got down to about 4C last night. Close one.

o

So far so good here I don't like the F word or the S word I think I am going to go to my happy place now La La La La

o

It was 0 C at 6am in the 108 Mile Ranch (BC Cariboo) so I guess they were right, full moon does it every time! Lucky I covered my beans last night!

o

Here last night we had a heck of a big thunderstorm, and after being at 32C during the day yesterday, it went down to 13 overnight. None of the F word forecast and we're supposed to run around normal for the next couple of weeks (so they say now). I'm hoping i can get some ripe tomatoes this summer, and maybe some cucumbers. There was one ready today, and my granddaughter looked at it so longingly that i sent it home with her. :) Trouble is, that was the only one! LOL

o

Well it turns out I did notice some limpy leaves even with the covers on, so before 6am it must have been colder than 2 degrees. Just went out to recover and darn it's chilly, man I long for those hot true summer nights of my youth. C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here