Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Does Anyone Make Peach Freezer Jam ?

nutsaboutflowers
13 years ago

O.K. I've been searching GW and found lots of people making jams and jellies, but not freezer jam. Google search wasn't much better.

I found other old threads with some of you Far North gardeners that do lots of canning. Do any of you make peach freezer jam?

I've got 2 cases of peaches and I don't think we can eat them all fresh ( well maybe) but I'd like some jam..........

Comments (5)

• oilpainter
    13 years ago

This is is probably in the certo box with their recipes. I keep one of those recipes sheets in my recipe box because they change the recipes every so often and you may find your favorite disappears.

NO COOK FREEZER PEACH JAM

2 3/4 c. peaches, chopped
    2 Certo fruit pectin pouches
    6 1/2 c. (2 lb. 14 oz.) sugar
    1/3 c. lemon juice

Wash, rinse with boiling water and drain a couple of 1 to 2 cup rigid plastic containers with tight fitting lids. Have fruit at room temperature and wash and drain well. Peel and pit peaches and chop into five pieces.
    Measure 2 3/4 cups of chopped peaches into a large bowl. Add 6 1/2 cups of sugar to fruit and stir thoroughly until sugar has dissolved. Let stand 10 minutes.

Empty Certo pouches into a small bowl and ad 1/3 cup of lemon juice. Stir pectin and lemon juice mix into fruit. Continue stirring 3 minutes (a few sugar crystals will remain).

Ladle quickly into prepared containers, filling to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe any spills from containers and cover at once with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Store in freezer. Small amounts of unfrozen jam may be covered and stored in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.

• nutsaboutflowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That sounds easy. Thank you.

If I wanted to also make a thick syrup, would you just reduce the sugar and pectin by about half or what would a person do??? We'd like it the consistency of the jam people get when it flops, LOL.

We'd like to use it on pancakes.

• oilpainter
    13 years ago

This redipe is for strawberry syrup but you can use any fruit.

STRAWBERRY SYRUP

2 cups-or-1 pint fresh or frozen strawberries.
    2 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon lemon juice

Process strawberries in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar disolves.

Bring to a boil over medium high heat, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.

Makes 2 1/4 cups

I add cut up strawberries while still warm. If you use a seeded fruit like raspberries, strain off the seeds before making the syrup. I've never made this with peaches but I have made it with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, so I see no reason why peaches wouldn't work. It is great on ice cream or pancakes.

If you want to freeze--Measure what you would use at one time, and freeze in appropriate containers. I tend to do it in small containers, and take out 2 if I think I will need more. Defrost and heat in the microwave--another reason small containers are best.

Enjoy

• oilpainter
    13 years ago

Syrup will keep 2 weeks in the fridge

• nutsaboutflowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Those two recipes should be perfect =:)

Thanks!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews