Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildie

House is sold, New garden for me!!!

wildie
16 years ago

We signed an offer at 10:30 lastnight. Our house is sold! the people take possession Oct.19, so I want to move latest Oct.12... 5 1/2wks away! But I get new flowerbeds. Maybe even a veggie garden, if we find a big enough backyard. (but room for a kids play structure, comes 1st!)

To give the lawyers and bank to get the morgage and property transfers in order we have 2wks to find and buy our new house. And I thought the stress would be over after we sold this place...

Comments (11)

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Congratulations Wildie, will you be taking some plants to your new home?

Sharon

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yep!!!
    9 long free-standing planters, 3 wicker baskets, 3 old metal mop buckets, 3 hanging pots, 2 porch railing planters, 3 plastic "terra cotta" planters, 1 clay planter, 1 set of stack-a-pots, a tray of 16 seedlings, 4 small porch planters, and about 10 plastic pots!

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We bought a house yesterday!!!
    bilevel (bungalow with completely finished basement), No flowerbeds I get to design my own (very happy about that!), underground sprinkler system, 5bdrms, summer kitchen in basement, we're excited.
    Hopign to get to the new house with our contractor today to get price quotes on some work. And take pictures!!

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Wow, that was quick! Congratulations on your new house Wildie! You'll have lots of fun designing all those new beds this winter.

• northspruce
    16 years ago

Sounds great! Congratulations! I guess I better get those seeds in the mail before they miss you... I can't find my tiny ziplock bags.

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL northspruce We'll have our mail forwarded for 6mths!
    Yes we are excited about new flowerbeds. I think I'll hire our contractor to dig them quickly, b/c I have so many plants that I am bringing from this house! Plus I want raised landscapping tie beds, and hubby will not want to go to that much trouble.

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Wow, that was fast Wildie!

I'm so excited for you and a fresh slate to boot, whoowhoo!

Sharon

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It ended up taking forever to sell the house, but once we had an offer, we only had 10days to find our new house to give the lawyers/bank for the morgage enough time to get everything in order. So that part went fast. Plus the buyers of our house wanted Oct.19 possession date, so we knew the latest we could take possession of a new house would be the 15th. It all worked out and now I have to pack!
    The backyard does have a small flowerbed that I missed the 1st time we were there. So I am actually going to have our realtor call the sellers and see if I can come and put my plants in so they're in the ground atleast.
    I'll have the planter boxes built in spring.

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The sold sign went up on our house today. The buyers got their morgage signed sealed and delivered. We get to do ours on the new house at 5, I'm so excited!!!

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Congratulations! It is an exciting time, isn't it?

Did you get permission to plant into the new small flowerbeds at the new house/yard?

Brenda

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is very exciting. I just can't wait to be moving into our new house!!
    I haven't heard about being able to go and plant the flowers yet. The lady that we bought from is away, to be back on Monday. Our realtor said she'd be hearing from her on Monday or Tuesday and would ask then!!! I hope it can happen, but we had another light frost lastnight!!!