Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny_mclean_petite_garden

Vesey's order in today.....:(

Well, I just received my order from Vesey's........not impressed! Ordered 4 irises, 2 kinds of tulips, and 3 lily collections. All I received is the 4 irises! The rest of the order is on backorder!! Hmmmm....not sure how I feel about that! ???

Comments (14)

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Maybe you'd like to call Pam at Botanus to see what they've got. Maybe you'll be able to cancel your backorder. It could be too cold by the time your backorder is filled =:(

If you've never dealt with Botanus before, they've always been helpful when I've called or emailed.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have an order coming from Botanus already. They don't have the lilies I want. I hope the backorder isn't coming in November! I'll call Vesey's in the morning.....

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Let us know how you make out.

I need a good reason to NOT order anything else other than what's already coming from Botanus, LOL !

Original Author
    12 years ago

Lynn, you wanna see the early spring catalogue I got with my 4 irises! Yikes! Don't know if I can be mad at them for backordering! ;)

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Oh No..........I smell trouble.........

Original Author
    12 years ago

So Vesey's tells me the rest of the order will not be here till the first week in October at the earliest. So I will be planting my potted DLs and my asiatics at the same time. We had a long fall the last couple of years. Here's hoping it's the same this year. *crossing fingers* :)

• Pudge 2b
    12 years ago

There's no need to worry - I've planted asiatic lilies very late in the year into almost frozen soil and they survived just fine.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Not worried. As long as I can dig. They are gonna freeze anyway. Check out my pot ghetto on the daylily forum The Pot Ghetto from The Land Called Honalee and you will see what still has to go in the ground at the end of Sept. :) Pics of the garden also entitled Plantings and Ponderings from Mnday

• nutsaboutflowers
    12 years ago

Just had a look at the Pot Ghetto.

Holy Cow !

The blooms will be spectacular =:D

Small house, big garden. Less housework, more outside fun. Sounds good to me......

Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL! I like it cozy inside and wide spanses of color outside! I have 21 more DLs coming Friday and 4 more irises from Ann and Bob. BTW Puppy (Casey they call him) is doing awesome! :)

• dugald
    12 years ago

It is always a drag to have items back ordered but the real concern is that they ship you a Tall Bearded Iris in September! They should be planted in August!!

Original Author
    12 years ago

And you wanna see the condition these irises arrive in! Little dried up pieces of plant. There is no way it will survive planted outside. I pot them up for the winter anyway.......and rarely order from the mail order gardens. :)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    12 years ago

Vesey's quality has been way down these past few years. I don't bother with them anymore.

• valleyrimgirl
    12 years ago

Grow your irises in the house for the winter! Any irises I get from about mid August and on, I plant up and bring into the house.

Irises need to form a good root system before the ground freezes or they simply won't make it thru the winter.

I also don't bother ordering thru Vesey's either. I have heard of too many mixups, poor quality, etc and would rather order thru specialty nurseries selling quality plants instead.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?