Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elk Island Park

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 15:35

Went for a hike and wiener roast on Fri and except for a few birds this was the only wild life is saw.At least it was pretty.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elk Island Park

Nice! Love snakes. She'll be heading home soon for the winter.

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 16:28

Thanks. Isn't there a place in Man where they come out of hibernation in the spring by the hundreds ? I have seen a TV show about that. See very few snakes now. Lots when I was a kid in Northern Ont.

o

Nice find!

o

a town called winnipegossis manitoba (40 miles north of dauphin) hails as the garter snake capital of the world.. i lived not far from there but apparently there is an old quarry where millions congregate to do the twisty turny. hundreds were killed on the hwys ea yr as they make their way across..or not.

o

I missed this... the conservation area is actually just north of Narcisse in Manitoba. There are other snake dens all over the Interlake region and I'm sure there are snakes at Winnipegosis, but I've never heard it called the capital of the world. The Narcisse pit is the largest known gathering of snakes in the world.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here