Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bulbs arrived!

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 15:59

This spring I decided to plant bulbs for spring color. I was to late for this spring so I should have lots of color next spring. I ordered tulips and daffodils from Brecks. They arrived today, nice firm & plump bulbs. I ordered:
15 giant daffodils for naturalizing
20 Monets garden tulip mix
12 Firespray tulips
25 3 months of mixed daffodils
40 Cream of the crop tulip mix super sak

I do like ordering mixed pkges for variety. Anyone else buy some bulbs? Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bulbs arrived!

Yes, I did buy some bulbs =:)

I ordered from Botanus:

Purple Sensation Allium
Banja Luka Tulips - My absolute favourite so far.
Double Red Riding Hood Greigii Tulips
Crocus Mix
Some type of daffodil
A bunch of garlic - I may never buy store bought again.

I think there's something else I ordered, too, but I don't remember, so it'll be a surprise when my order comes.

I never learn from year to year though. Once again, I don't have a clue where I'm going to plant them all, LOL!

o

My order is on its way. I too have limited space now, but i ordered Princess Irene tulips and Irene Copeland daffs for my mom's memorial garden. And those probably weren't the only things i succumbed to, but i can't remember for sure either!

Oh hey, i just checked my old emails and apparently i ordered Delight Tulip Mix and Twice as Nice mix. Now my question is, where the heck did i plan on putting them???

o

you may just have to stack your bulbs big ones planted deep little ones shallow that works with some early small bulbs and late bigger ones. I had muscari over my tulips in one garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here