Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Couple Things Hopped into My Trunk Today

Posted by nutsaboutflowers 2b/3a (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 18:46

Seriously, I was just looking !

But.......

A Quick Fire Hydrangea and a Morden Fireglow Rose came home with me today. What a surprise =:)

I'm determined to dig up part of the lawn, and the rose will like to be smack dab in the middle, I'm sure.

Not sure where I'll put the hydrangea, but I just had to have it, LOL !

Anybody else have the same thing happen the last little while?

Oh, and as usual, I welcome any hints on growing either of these. =:D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Couple Things Hopped into My Trunk Today

That's what happens when you leave your trunk open! Strays, strays everywhere! They just jump in and make themselves at home! Just 2 weeks ago I was out to get some perlite and when I got home from the garden centre, wouldn't you know it, there was a ninebark and a sedum snuggled up against the back door of my Escape! Imagine that! Do you suppose they chose the Escape cause they were being abused? ;)

o

Isn't it funny how things like that can happen?

Thank goodness DH has the truck all day, or I can't even imagine what that big open space behind me would end up full of !

Hmmmm.....I don't have any ninebark.........

o

I do now! ;)

o

I accidentally bought some purple & white alliums (30) and some cool looking orange narcissus. Not sure about the white alliums but we'll see what they look like. Then mom gave me some hosta divisions so we had a gardening day today.

o

I bet those alliums were just waiting for you to come by so they could jump into your shopping cart Gil.....don't you just hate it when they do that when you're not looking? Lol ;)

o

They got in while I was fighting off a bag of tulips. :0)

o

I think they are breeding them smarter these days! ;)

o

Two more shrubs were calling my name today. I just couldn't leave them there.

I bought a Dwarf Blue Arctic Willow. I just love how it sways in the breeze. I also brought home a Nannyberry shrub. I decided since the tree form would maybe sucker, which I hate from a tree, that the shrub would be better.

I need to start digging big holes before my Botanus order comes and I have to dig almost 100 little holes =:D

o

Love the Arctic Blue Willow! I don't dare purchase any shrubs since I won't be able to move them if and when we have to move. I still have an order coming from McFayden's and Botanus. Spring bulbs and a few lilies. I just got my last DL order today from F&H. These ones will go directly in the ground and won't be added to the pot ghetto. :) I don't dare take a walk through Canadian tire or Walmart. I'm sure the bulbs are in by now. :0

o
RE: A Couple Things Hopped into My Trunk ))Today

Well I did it.......I took on Walmart.......And those darn bulbs tackled me and forced their way into my cart under the laundry soap and kleenex......and they came home with me.

Bright Parrot, Hot Pants, Angelique and Bleu Aimable tulips and Manly and Tahiti daffs.....now I have more to plant. And......Botanus just sent my lilies today! Lots of little holes for me =:0

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here