Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yikes! I just heard the S word for Alberta!

Posted by honalee 3a (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 19:19

23 or 24 on Friday and s-s-s-s-s-s*** next week according to Josh. :( Hopefully it will be falling on the most Northern tip of the province.

Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yikes! I just heard the S word for Alberta!

No, he had said continued 'S'ummer like temperatures! ... lol.

o

Well, at least it's not snowing on August 2nd, like it did in Red Deer in 2002, or August 22nd, like it did in Lethbridge, Calgary and Medicine Hat in 1992.

o

You are so funny, Terry! It was 'S'ummering in Ontario the other day. I'm dressing up as a polar bear for Halloween, or a fluffy ghost. :)

Ginny

o

Geez, Ginny, it had better not -- we haven't even had our first frost up here yet!

o

Funny how Peace River is warmer than Grande Prairie and here I have been wanting to move south.

o

Oh dear.... yes, I saw the same thing too! I was not happy when I saw the weather forecast that there will be "S"xxx descending upon us next Tuesday either!!! YIKES!!!

I am hoping to get the new fence stained, the front door re-stained, and the deck steps painted by then. Oh, and I want to seal the driveway too.... now I really must have all of that done before Tuesday before the "S"xxx hits Calgary!!! Sigh...

o

Did you guys send it east??? Forecast says possible wet s*** for next Friday. >:(

o

It's supposed to start tonight in Fort St John! Don't have time to get all my garden chores done before then, hoping the 10 degrees and sunny for this weekend holds up!

o

Yep that's what I heard too. Have some grass seed to get in and maybe deep water my evergreens but that's about it. Well I cud do a lot more I'm sure but it's time to just quit for this year. I still kind of like the first few snow flakes . Raining out here right now at 5:35 PM. But very little.

o

Finally fixed a hose bib that had a slight leak for a while but totally broke after the first frost. Put in a frost free bib. Cleaned up the annuals and veggy remnants. Need to mow the lawn and spread fertilizer and apply the huge amounts of compost I made this year (used garbage cans this year - worked awesome!!!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here