Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruit Grower's Festival

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 20:37

It was a perfect day to be out there. Loads of friut to taste and a perfect day to take pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruit Grower's Festival

Those are beautiful pictures. I particularly like the reflection of the bridge.

But.......

Where's the people and the fruit ? =:)

I've never been to a fruit festival and would love to see the different fruits they have.

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 21:23

Here are some of the tables and tents of the folks who were displaying their fruits which can be grown in this region. Mark it on your calender for next year.

Photobucket

o

Great shots,..the first picture has a kind of tropical or desert looks.

As a grower I spent two day's at the garden, Saturday the growers got together in the main building downstairs, Sunday morning it was packed up and moved outdoor, soft ripe fruit like plum, pears got damaged by packing and transport,.. not my preferred system. We used to have a room upstairs before, now we got pushed out. I guess not bad when the weather cooperates and the public gets to see it outdoor in the garden.

In the building,.. most fruit in front is mine, lots of plums in Ziploc to keep greedy fingers away for Sunday tasting.

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 16:20

That is quite the display of fruit you have there Konrad. You certainly have a talent for growing fruit trees.

o

Thank you beegood!
That early Mac you have brought for tasting was very nice!
Someone told me that this one came out of Calgary.
Too bad, you've got the apple maggots too, ..not sure how bad this will spread out in my orchard, I have it too but most apples are still good. Still have some pears on at home, Golden spice, some Lukas, the Anjou, only two I picked today, also the last of the plums, it's been a very good year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here