Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_gardener

Did we just skip winter?

Crazy_Gardener
16 years ago

Wow, isn't the weather wonderful, tomorrow it's suppose to get to +18°C and Wednesday a high of +21°C! Whoooohoooo, my September plantings of Irises will just love this!

Hopefully it sticks around for the lit' trickers at the end of the month ;)

Sharon

Comments (21)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

It's not supposed to be quite that warm here. +12C for today, and +19C for tomorrow, which is still great and I'll take it.;0) Only problem is, that I'm sure I heard on the radio this morning, that it'll dip down to -5C tonight, which isn't so good for anything still trying to grow.

Yes, I'm hoping for a relatively warm Halloween. It makes it so much more enjoyable for everyone involved.....including the drivers.

• seauld
    16 years ago

Yeah, if not -5C by tonight, it definitely will be by the weekend. Brr! Saw my first bit of frost yesterday morning.

Guess thats why my Halloween costumes always were made to fit over a snowsuit :)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

Quit rubbing it in, you prairie people! It's pouring down rain again today, supposed to be nice enough tomorrow, mild on Thursday, and then downhill, temperature-wise, after that. Big sigh.

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

I just looked at the forecast ... tomorrow 19C with winds gusting to 50km/h and then Thurs 17C with hopefully no winds. Let's see, I could almost get a suntan!! (More like windburn!)

Guess I should spend time outside, digging out the carrots, beets and potatoes while the weather is warm. I still have a little planting left to do and need to do some deadheading of peonies and lilies yet. Thank goodness I have the next 2 days off of work.

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

prairiegirl_z3, saw your first bit of frost yesterday morning.... Wow, that's awesome, you must have alot of things still growing!

Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well that was nice while it lasted, it is now snowing like the dickens'.

Sharon

16 years ago

So i'm guessing that you didn't skip winter after all? :>

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ahhh just rub it in Marcia, besides I'm blowing it your way ;)

16 years ago

You aren't blowing hard enough, Sharon! LOL Not that i trust weather forecasts so much, but ours doesn't show any of those white flakey things until next Saturday!

• cordel
    16 years ago

Hmm, we ate lunch out on the lawn on Friday, lovely...warm and sunny. This morning we woke to sun, followed at 9:00 with a mini-blizzard. The temperature never got above 1 degree. Of course, last year, this weekend we had a full-fledged blizzard.

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

My kids are thrilled to bits with the forecast for tomorrow night! Looks like it may be 3* - 4* which is fantastic considering what it has been some years! Also the extra bit of daylight yet will be perfect too.

Ang

16 years ago

Not perfect here - supposed to be -1°. I think the rain/s*** (not November yet! LOL) is supposed to be finished by the evening, though.

Today was beautiful - it would have been a perfect evening for trick-or-treating!

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

The "S" word is in the forecast for the weekend apparently. I try to have selective hearing for things like that but this time that word slipped through and I heard it! 8^(

• savona
    16 years ago

Will I be tarred, feathered and ran out of town on a rail if I say I am tired of the mud and rain and would just as soon have snow now?..lol..at least a little firmness to the ground would be nice. My new gum boots are nearly wore out already :-0..I may rethink this by December..savona

16 years ago

No, i understand completely, Savona. It's raining again here and i would almost rather it be snow (it's now November so we can say those bad words!). I was just talking to the secretary and she said the same thing.

Today i get to swipe some leaves. One of the town workers came to our hort. meeting last night and told me she was going to bring some in today from her father's place. And just down the road from where she works is a place that i've been walking by every day for a couple of weeks and they have four bags of leaves at their curb. I'm going to do a quick drive-by after work! :>

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

Shame SHAME Savona, now look what happened....

Yesterday a beautiful surprise rose....this morning a blizzard! Sigh!!!!!

Sierra

• savona
    16 years ago

Did I do that?..(in my best Steve Urckle voice)...Unfortunatly the snow has melted and made more mud......savona

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

Hmmmmm, the snow didn't melt here and its snowing again this morning!!!!I guess its time to dig out those winter boots.

Sierra

• CrazyDaisy_68
    16 years ago

A friend of ours that does snow removal is on "snow alert" today and apparently its supposed to dump tonight around here (from what he's been told anyways). I haven't seen any news yet today --- Hmmmmm maybe there's a reason I'm avoiding the news? maybe?

Well, anyways since hearing this from our friend we've pulled out/bought winter boots and gloves for the kids and us big kids!

Ang
    *** who is starting to look forward to snow at this point b/c it IS November after all 8^) ***

• prairierose
    16 years ago

I noticed this weekend how cold the ground is getting. My feet don't like being cold, so it's time for my warm boots. We had a skiff of snow Saturday night, and it was -10 this morning - Brrr.
    Connie

• Crazy_Gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yup, I think its time Connie, this weekend I'll be covering the tenders with straw. Brought up the snowblower closer to the house, shovel and broom near the door and I also wore my winter jacket and gloves today. Oh yes... made suet for the peckers ;)

Sharon