Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brug or datura?

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 9:31

I grew these from seed this year and grew them in pots. I've read that datura flowers point up and brugs point down. My plants did both. I did read on another forum that another way to tell was by the seed pods, either spiny or dimpled. Mine were dimpled. Anyway, they have been identified as daturas. This was my first year growing them and would now like to get some different colors, I was hoping to get one of the coral colored ones. Anyone know of a good source where I can get seeds? Marg

This one doubled sometimes.
 photo IMG_0466_zps246b351a.jpg

This is a triple yellow.
 photo DBLEYELLOWDATURA_zpse40dc449.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: brug or datura?

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 19:06

That yellow one is sure pretty. I've grown the double purple as in your 1st photo - took a while to get going but once it did it really pushed out the blooms. I'm pretty sure I got that seed from William Dam. I wish I had the room and growing conditions in my house to grow and enjoy them indoors.

o
RE: brug or datura?

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 8:13

I've looked in various catalogues here but all I can find are the purple, yellow and white ones. I was hoping to get some of the pink/coral colored ones. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here