Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

Box of seeds 2010

greylady_gardener
13 years ago

Hi all--I hope everyone has had a successful gardening season and that you are all busy collecting seeds.

I have been holding on to the box of seeds and am just posting a reminder for any of you that would like to join in again this year. I am not through collecting so don't plan to send it off until mid November, but if you are interested, please let me know and we can get your name on the list.

gg

Comments (68)

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Thanks I have sent him an email.

• celtic_07
    13 years ago

Qkatie3 Hi I live in Thunder Bay also. I looked up to e-mail you but you don't have it down. Anyway welcome to G.W. you will find tons of info and help from all sources and forums here. Lois

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

Thanks Lois! I could use all the help I can get, my garden didn't turn out too well this past summer :(
    Kate

• curls
    13 years ago

Is there an order to the mailing? Seems like everyone is out east - I'm in Alberta so likely down the list - who do i send my addy to?

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    13 years ago

The box ended up in the east last year, so we're just trying to cover the east on its way to the west. :) Might save a bit on postage! I guess i'll be sending it to you, Curls, so you can send me your addy.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all,
    Forgive me but I took a lot longer than I expected to get the box on its' way!
    I finally mailed it off to glaswegian on Friday afternoon and I have sent him the tracking number so he can see its' progress. It should be to him by midweek so then he will send it off to the next on the list

enjoy!

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Willow2007......I have the box of seeds in my possession. It arrived today from Greyladygardener. Email me your address so I can send it off, or deliver it in person if you are close by. I am in the Eastend of Ottawa.

Mick

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    13 years ago

so glad it has arrived safe and sound! Now if there are other "easterners" in either ON or Quebec (or farther east :)), then speak up so that the box can get to you before it heads out west.

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

still waiting for an email from Willow, until then the box stays here unless advise otherwise

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Address has been forwarded to glaswegian.

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

I was just wondering where I am in the list so that I can forward my address along to the right person. Thanks!

Kate

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    13 years ago

well since there really isn't an actual list--I suppose there should be--how about a bit of a list now

anyone else in Ontario or east?--please list here (name only)
    in fact why don't we just have everyone who wants to participate, post here and let us know your province

ex:
    greylady-gardener--ON

etc, etc

okay everyone lets get a list! :)

13 years ago

Guess it should go from Willow to QKatie to me and then to Curls. There doesn't seem to be as much interest in it as there was in the past couple of years.

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

I'll be sending it to Willow this week, I have her address now. The weather has been crazy here like everywhere else with all the snow

Sorry about the delay

Glas

• glaswegian
    13 years ago

Box was mailed out today...sorry for the delay

Glas

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Happily received the bag of seeds, however I will not be able to send them off until after the New Year as I am away on holiday.
    Thank-you to everyone who contributed and I hope my contribution is also happily received by fellow gardeners.
    I also need the address from QKatie in order to pass it on.
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    cheers wendy (willow)

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to all! I tried to send an email to Wendy but I can seem to get the link to work. I'm not sure if it is just my computer or not but otherwise I can post my email address on here if I can't get the link to work. Thanks!

13 years ago

I get an "internal server error" when i click on "send me an email". Is that what you get too?

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

Yup, that's what I get too.

• curls
    13 years ago

Totally forgot! I just sent my addy to marciaz3... link worked just fine for me - give it another go! I use Chrome...

13 years ago

I'm not sure why it doesn't work. I used to have her address (i think it was her) because we either traded seeds or the box a couple of years ago, but not everything came over to the new computer last year. But give her time - she was going on vacation, it seems and i imagine she has to be back to work for Monday!

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Happy New Year
    I am ready to send out the seeds. I understand that there is difficulty in reaching me. What do you suggest?
    thanks wendy

13 years ago

You could go to qkatie's GW page and she'll then be able to reply with her address for you.

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I had tried that earlier but there is no link to her email on her profile.

13 years ago

Well, i guess give her a week or so to read this and if she doesn't send her address by then, you could send the box to me.

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Thanks, will do.

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

Hi Willow,
    I didn't realize there was no link to my email, sorry. You can email me at sextonkate@ymail.com and I will reply with my address. Thanks!
    Kate

13 years ago

Qkatie, i'll use that email to send you my address, okay? Thanks for posting!

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

Marcia, that works. I will send it off as soon as I can after I receive it!

13 years ago

Sent you an email now - thought i had done it this morning! :)

• willow_2007
    13 years ago

Seeds were mailed off today to Thunder Bay :)

• bdgardener
    13 years ago

Hi all, is Curls the last on the list, I'm here in Ab too. South of Calgary. Could you add me to the list or tell me who to contact. Would love it get in on this again. Thanks Cheryl

13 years ago

Cheryl, send your address to Curls. If the box ends with you, do you mind hanging on to it until next fall? You could start it up again then, and it can go around the west before it heads east!

• bdgardener
    13 years ago

Sounds great, hoping for some great summer weather here, we are do for one. Thanks. C

• hmacdona1
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Is it too late to sign up for this? Finally getting settled after the last exchange I hosted and would love to dive in. I'm in Calgary.

Remind me...are we to contribute flower seeds only to the box? Thanks....Heather

13 years ago

Heather, Cheryl can send you the box - just send her your address. There are all kinds of seeds in the box, not just flowers. We don't have a lot of rules with this, just what was mentioned above - try to date your seeds and send the box on as quickly as possible.

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

The box of seeds arrived in Thunder Bay today! Thanks Wendy! I am just in the process of google-ing to see what all the different seeds are. Hopefully I will have it sent on its way early next week.

• hmacdona1
    13 years ago

Great. Thanks. Just emailed Cheryl with my address.

• qtkatie
    13 years ago

The seeds are finally on their way! It took me longer than expected to figure out which ones I wanted, too many amazing looking flower seeds!
    Marcia - it should arrive mid to late next week.
    Thanks again for letting me join in the exchange!

13 years ago

Looking forward to it!

13 years ago

And it's here today! Just looked through everything and made some preliminary choices. I'll go through my seeds on the weekend and try to have this ready to send to Curlz by early next week!

• curls
    13 years ago

Exciting!

13 years ago

It's on its way to you now, Curls. I mailed it on Thursday. :)

• hmacdona1
    13 years ago

Just wondering the status of this box. I know it was mailed to Curls on Feb 3rd. Has it been received?

13 years ago

Heather, if i can find the receipt, the tracking number will be on it. I'll check later today and let you know. Of course, Curls may pop in and let you know herself!

• curls
    13 years ago

Sorry! Feb is insane in our house for some reason! Got it Tuesday, mailing today :)

• bdgardener
    13 years ago

Got the box today. Thanks Curls, Heather I will get it off to you by the weekend. Cheryl

• hmacdona1
    13 years ago

Great. Thanks Cheryl. Can't wait. I'm planning to go to mexico sometime after mid march, so the timing will be perfect. I should get the box before my mini-vacation.

Is there anyone that I'm forwarding the box to at this point?

.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    13 years ago

I received the box of seeds today. Is there anyone after me that this box is to be sent to? I couldn't see any names on the series of postings? If there's anyone else I should be sending this to, please send me an email (I don't review this forum very often). Otherwise, I can hang onto it until the fall, add more seeds from my garden then, and start the box circulating again.

Thanks....Heather

13 years ago

I think that's what you should do, Heather, and thanks! :) Enjoy your vacation!