Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bdgardener

Box of seeds 2012 Anyone?

bdgardener
11 years ago

Calling all Canadian Gardeners!!!

I have the box and am looking for others. It is that time of year so here we go. I thought I would put the shout out to western Canada first that way turn around time might be shorter. There once again is some good stuff in the box and might be worth a look through before we start getting all the seed catalogs.

If interested add a post and we will get this baby out and circulating the country.

Cheryl

Comments (24)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    11 years ago

Thanks, Cheryl. :) I'll be your west->east go-between person. I have some to add.

Remember to put the year on your seed packages, and when you get the box, if there are some of yours in there that you think are outdated, take them out. Also, try to make your decisions and get the Box of Seeds sent on to the next person within a week if you can.

• Shanta_5
    11 years ago

Hello,

I would like to have a look or receive the Box of seeds.
    I have some seeds to add to box.
    I am in Souther ONT gardener thanks.

Happy gardener

Shanta

• bdgardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

marciaz3 sending you an email. Cheryl

11 years ago

Got it and replied.

I'm wondering why there's so little interest this year? Maybe it's too early in the season for everyone? Ginger, you said you had some seeds you might like to get rid of - would you like the box to add them to it? Can people let us know, please? :)

• momof4ont
    11 years ago

Yes please! I really enjoyed the experience last year.

Wendy

momof4ont at gmail dot com

11 years ago

I still have the seeds. My intention was to go through my seeds last week while i was off and add to the box (have already subtracted!), but some family stuff has intervened so i wasn't able to do it. Will get at it asap, hopefully later this week, and get it sent on to Shanta. She can contact you, momof4, and send it to you.

Sorry for the delay - unavoidable!

11 years ago

The Box of Seeds is now on its way to Shanta. From there she should send it to Momof4. Someone contacted me through GW asking about the seeds and i can't reply. She will have to contact Momof4 if she would like the seeds after Mom is finished with them.

11 years ago

The Box of Seeds is now on its way to Shanta. From there she should send it to Momof4. Someone contacted me through GW asking about the seeds and i can't reply. She will have to contact Momof4 if she would like the seeds after Mom is finished with them.

• SeaOtterCove
    11 years ago

I'd love the box of seeds as well. I'm out in BC and I can pass it on to another member of FNF when I'm done. She'd like to be last.

• cdnfruit
    11 years ago

I sent you an e-mail. I live in Northern SK.

• cdnfruit
    11 years ago

I sent you an e-mail. I live in Northern SK.

• Shanta_5
    11 years ago

Thank you Marcia I receive my box of seeds today.
    Will have a look and mail it back to Momof4.
    I will need you address thank you.

Shanta

• Shanta_5
    11 years ago

Thank you Marcia I receive my box of seeds today.
    Will have a look and ready to mail it back to Momof4.
    I will need your address MomoF4 thank you.

Shanta

• matthiola
    11 years ago

Hello, I'm sort of new here. Are there any particular rules to this? I'm only interested in veggies but could add some flower seeds. Looking for things like tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, cucumbers, maybe carrots. Are there any seeds like that in there? Are these garden collected or commercial seeds as well?
    Sorry, I have so many questions but I never had an opportunity to participate.
    Thanks. Anna

11 years ago

Hey, looks like there were some hiccups on this thread! LOL

Cdnfruit, did you email Momof4?

Anna, no rules - just take some seeds and put some back in, and try for a quick turnaround time (didn't follow my own advice this time, though!). There are vegetable seeds in it.

A suggestion would be that Momof4 send it to Anna since both are in Ontario, and Anna could send it to Cdnfruit. She would in turn send it to Seaottercove who would then pass it on to her friend.

This has been going around for several years now, and has been a fun project!

• Shanta_5
    11 years ago

Hi Momof4.
    I will need you address,
    Please email me thank you.

Shanta

• matthiola
    11 years ago

OK Ladies, count me in. I'm in Eastern Ontario, Capital Region. Whoever gets the seeds next, please e-mail me for address. Anna

• momof4ont
    11 years ago

Sorry I was lagging. I think I fixed my email issue. Have emailed Shanta and Anna now. Thanks!
    Wendy

• cdnfruit
    11 years ago

How do I e-mail Momof4? I am interested and have seeds to add.

11 years ago

You can probably do it through her page.

• RideauRambler
    11 years ago

Hi,

How big is this box of seeds? If I add 150 gms of seeds while it's in the NCR, is there room? Can't wait to see it!

11 years ago

Cdnfruit, you would actually be getting the seeds from Anna, come to think of it. You'll have to email her with your address.

Rideau, the "box" is actually a large padded envelope. The original box got pretty tattered and someone transferred the seeds to an envelope. This time i got a size larger envelope hoping maybe we could make it pass as an envelope not a package at the PO - no such luck!

You'll have to email Anna or Cdnfruit, seeing as Anna gets it next and she's supposed to pass it on to Cdnfruit. It heads to BC after that, so maybe you could make arrangements to get it after Anna and pass it along to Cdnfruit after. It's up to you guys. :)

• RideauRambler
    11 years ago

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows/can remember the specific variety of tomato seeds put into a tiny plastic package? There was originally black marker on the plastic, but no more. Inside is a slip of paper which says "russian size". Any idea what variety of russian sized tomato it is???? Thank you

• cdnfruit
    11 years ago

seaottercove, please e-mail me your address, so I can send it on to you. I believe you are next.

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County