Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grovegreenguy

A very sad time for our friend Ginny

FrozeBudd_z3/4
11 years ago

Our good friend Ginny (Honalee) has just recently lost her dear husband and best friend Wayne. At such a very difficult time and winter fast approaching, can I please call upon some of the nearby Gardenweb buddies to kindly reach out and assist Ginny with necessary garden chores and moral support. Many peonies are waiting to be planted, leaves need to be raked and general garden clean up is required. In the last two years, we've been privileged with the opportunity to come to know Ginny and the good open hearted expressive and sharing person she is. Ginny, I truly wish that many more folks were of your spirit!

Please drop me a private message to obtain Ginny's personal contact information. I'll be away for a few days, though will frequently check my email. Please give freely of your hugs and support, I know how very appreciative one's assistance shall be.

Best wishes to all and do give your loved ones a close hug!

Sincerely,

Terry R

Comments (22)

• CLBlakey
    11 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time Ginny, So sorry for your loss.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    11 years ago

I'm not nearby, otherwise i would gladly lend a hand. Meanwhile, i also send thoughts and prayers your way, Ginny.

In another forum i go to, we send sunflowers to those in need. Ginny, these are for you.

• northspruce
    11 years ago

Oh no Ginny, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be thinking of you.

• nutsaboutflowers
    11 years ago

Ginny I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I can't imagine how you must feel.

Your dear dogs will realize, and I hope they can somehow comfort you.

Please take care of yourself.

Lynn

• Konrad___far_north
    11 years ago

My deepest condolences and sincere prayers are with you.
    May you get strength and comfort from above.

• beegood_gw
    11 years ago

I talked to Ginny yesterday and she has a lot of bulbs to plant and yard work to be done. Said she would phone when she is ready and hopefully the weather will hold out.Here is a big hug for you Ginny ((((((((( G )))))))))

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    11 years ago

I'm so glad there you and Terry are there for her.

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you. Marg

• north53 Z2b MB
    11 years ago

This is terrible news. I'm so sorry Ginny. If I lived closer I would certainly help with the yard work.
    With my sympathy, Marie

• Pudge 2b
    11 years ago

Very sad news, indeed. My sincere sympathy, Ginny, for your loss. Sharon

• savona
    11 years ago

So sorry Ginny for your loss....Jean

• nutsaboutflowers
    11 years ago

Terry, have you spoken to Ginny recently?

I doubt she's felt like looking here and probably hasn't seen this thread.

Lynn

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Lynn ... I've been in touch with Ginny via email and intend to soon speak with her again. The weather has been unseasonably cold with frost penetrating the ground and certainly would make any plantings a difficult task, plan B might be to store unplanted peonies and other things in my attached garage or cold room. I'm hoping for a break in the weather ... today, it was mentioned of this being one of the coldest Octobers on record.

May Ginny endure

• Konrad___far_north
    11 years ago

This is nice of you Terry doing this for her!

• celtic_07
    11 years ago

Ginny. It's hard to know what to say when someone you know is hurting. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours . Sorry I,m too far to lend you a hand Do take care Lois

• User
    11 years ago

Hi Ginny,

I am sad to hear this news. We have chatted on other forums. You have a loving, kind heart with a quiet strength. I wish I could help in your garden too. I believe you will get through this difficult time. We are with you from this community. I give you my hugs and love. Maybe when you look at your garden you can remember all of us being here for you. In time I hope you will share some of your memories with us.

May God bless and help you through this.

Peggy

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    11 years ago

To all my GW friends I first must say Thank You all for your kind words and condolences. I read this thread the day after my dear friend Terry posted it but could not find the words to respond. I am still lost for words.

Thank you Terry for extending your kindness. So very much appreciated. Thank you Ingrid for your offer to help with my garden and mending my broken heart. Your care and understanding is priceless.

My life did a complete turn around on Oct. 15th when my Wayne did not return from work. He passed peacefully in his sleep with his boots on, on his way home from work on the bus; the way he always wanted to.

I am so blessed to share my life with an amazing family of friends and my beautiful daughters, sons in law and grand daughters. Wayne's passing was sudden and unexpected and saddened us all so deeply. I am so very grateful our bonds are strong and our friends are loyal and steadfast.

Wayne lived his life large in every way. He did everything to the Nth degree. My life is very quiet now but so very enriched because he was my husband. He gave so much of himself to everyone and everything but especially to me, our daughters and our puppies.

Wayne passed on his 18th sober birthday. His favorite song was Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. My guardian angel who will watch over us all, always.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
    The courage to change the things I can
    And the wisdom to know the difference

And please remembwer that our fingerprints never fade from the lives we touch.

Sincerely

Virginia Garden

Wayne with our last litter waiting for the last puppy to be born

Wayne digging my garden with our helpers
    {{gwi:629731}}

• CLBlakey
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing your pics Ginny. God Bless Cindy

• don555
    11 years ago

That's very sad news. Sorry for your loss.

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ginny, thank you for telling us about your husband Wayne and posting photos of him along with his helpers. Life is never the same when loved ones pass, the void is goes unfilled, they no longer walk through the door, their voice is no longer heard on the other end of the phone, their physical presence and touch is torn from our lives, we're left with only memories to live on with us.

• beegood_gw
    11 years ago

Great pictures Ginny. Sounds like a great man and he is still watching over you. Thanks for sharing. Maybe coffee at GL if you can.

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    11 years ago

Well, it has been a tough month for me and my family. We would have celebrated Wayne's 68th birthday today. It has been quiet around here even with the shelties. All our kids are out of town or out of province and although I talk with them regularly, it is just not the same in this old house. I miss Wayne so much and still doesn't seem real at times. As you have expressed Terry, there is a large void where his large presense was and the absense of his voice is deafening. Even though I go through the motions of life every day, it still feels like I just want time to stand still!

I am so grateful that I have such supportive people around me and my fellow garden webbers to communicate with. I look forward to the spring and I look forward to ending this chapter in this old house. In the meantime, I am keeping myself busy with my sewing and clearing out what is no longer needed here.

Peggy,I have been unable to see the garden for a couple of weeks now thanks to all the white stuff we got but I have named my new peonies after each and every one of you on this forum. Guys are red and white ones! Ladies are pink! :) I have stored them in the garage in peat moss and sand. Hopefully everyone will survive the winter.

Lynn, the dogs are definately keeping me busy and I have to do poop patrol now. :$ Good grief!

Ingrid, I am planning on a trip out to see you when ever you are ready for company providing the roads are clear. I look forward to getting out in the country!

Cindy, I'm so happy to have met you but sad for the circumstances. Thank you so very much for the casseroles. You are a great cook! Food is always good for the grieving! :)

I'll be ok sooner or later. Strong Scottish stock.

Love to everyone

Ginny

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator