Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overwintering Geraniums and Begonias

Posted by stanly Z03 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 17:15

Well, I transplanted 14 Geraniums from my big containers and hanging baskets into 6" pots and brought them all inside under fluorescent lights. I also started 24 cuttings which I have covered and under lights. I also did the same with 9 begonias which I also transplanted into 6" pots. We will see what happens. Stan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overwintering Geraniums and Begonias

Stan, what type of begonias are you saving over? My seed grown Illumination Apricot tuberous begonias had froze the other night and are now in the house while I wait for the tops to fall off before storing them in the coldroom for winter.

Terry

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 9:32

I took cuttings from my geraniums and now have about 50 plugs growing in the sunroom. I don't have grow lights but I've found that the geraniums don't really need them. This is my first year trying to grow begonias and I was planning on bringing it in and keeping it in the cold room over winter. Terry, is it hard to start them from seed? Marg

o

twrosz, they are just the non stop begonias. I don't really hava a cool place to keep them in my basement as I have renters there. I have a total of eight so would be nice to see them continue to grow and hopefully my geraniums will do well. Stan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here