Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cherry tomato reflowers

Posted by seb14 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 17:25

i purchase this cherry tomato plant in the middle of july . it was on sale because the store was ending there gardening sales and the plant was in bad shape. i cuted all the dry leaves and trimed it , put some good soil and it reflower again and the plant almost double in seize. well now the plant has been in my living room for one month its getting yellow but still going i have estimated around 70 tomatoes still on it. and about 30 new ones coming up in the next month. Its the 4e time it refowers and it gose on. now its snowing outside so im guessing its her last time. I was wondering if its normal because im like the only one in town with a living tomato plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cherry tomato reflowers

Well that sounds like a good deal!
I have never thought of bringing a tomatoe back into the house.
It sounds like it might be a good idea to save some of summer that way.
Caroline

o

i never thought of doing that too but thats how it look like 3 weeks ago the last time it when out for a afternoon for bit of sun, im soo keeping some seeds of that plant its great! just keeps giving tomatoes until november hehe

o

I had a cherry tomato plant for about two years inside facing a south window when I lived in an apartment. Did quite well. Grew about six feet tall, always had flowers on it that I ensured fertilization by using a q-tip. I got rid of it when I moved since lugging around a six foot tall soft-stemmed plant is in fact rather difficult :)

Basically if you keep them well fed and well lit they should last a very long time. I guess you should also get an indeterminate variety to ensure growth.

o

thats interesting too know! but im not going to be able to keep it that long because soon its going be dark at 4 pm soon and we dint have a sunny day in 2 weeks now. its having hard time lets say !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here