Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sedums and succulents ... where to order?

Posted by twrosz Z3 Ab. (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 23:27

I need to be adding a few hen and chicks, though especially some of the many types of interesting sedums available ... where to order for best selection?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sedums and succulents ... where to order?

I haven't seen Hens and Chicks in any catalogues - not that i remember, anyway. I've gotten mine at local plant centres. For a few years, there were some interesting varieties at one.

Trying to think... Maybe it's Pudge (who doesn't visit FN all that often anymore) who has succulents in a trough, or rock garden. She posted pictures once or twice.

o

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 19:06

Unfortunately Cavendish perennials in Ontario no longer does mail order - thats who I received all my semps from and he had a real nice selection of sedum, too. I never ordered from anywhere else and I've always picked up up sedum locally.

o

OKAY ... yes, Cavendish is where I had ordered from years ago, they had a large selection and I was pleased with the plants. There's so many new and interesting introductions that I'd like to be able to source them out.

o

Parkland Perennials has a few semps, but no pictures. I've been able to purchase a few locally at Extra Foods though. I wonder where they get them.

o

Hi All, this might be of interest - I've made a great deal with Jack Broxholme, Cavendish Perennials, to help him sell his plants. He still packages and ships the plants, so they come direct from his nursery in Burlington. There are also lots of different Sedum - who know that there were so many of them!

Forum rules forbid me to place a link to my site but I am in the Garden Bazaar.

o

BlueSempervivum ... thank you, I had gotten many interesting sedums from Cavendish perennials in the past and just might send a message that way to enquire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here