Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

Have you seen the meteorite?

Konrad___far_north
15 years ago

I have, was driving just south of Beaumont, near highway 21, when driving south on RR 233 gravel road about 5.30 pm Thursday night when all of a sudden the sky on the east lit up, of coarse you had to look, a very bright yellow streak with ball in front came down, at end of the show, which lasted a few second, the now not so bright fire ball puffed or exploded into smaller parts and seeing many smaller fire bits coming to earth.

It kind of interest me, how other people seen it, from other areas, eventually pinpointing the debris area....if any fragment made it to the ground??

I don't think I'll be going hunting for any, just love to hear your wittiness account.

Actually, my wife was driving behind me, [I had to drop of my Car by a mechanic for a clutch replacement on my 1986 VW].

When I asked her later, she said that she thought of someone letting up some fire works.

See, how conflicting some eyewitteness account come to be. LOL

As we know, we always think the meteorite was "very close", most often they are hundreds of kilometre's away.

This one was a huge meteorite with a very large glow, this make it even appear closer to you.

To my estimation, it appeared to come down somewhere near north of Camrose. I know, when making this easement, it's most often not true, because it's a elusion, coming from the earth curvature.

Konrad

Comments (5)