Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - sunroom

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 8:59

When we built the house we put in a large sunroom. It's taken a while but now we're back to working on finishing it. We finished putting on 2 coats of base paint but after another coat we need to decide what color to paint it. I know white would make the room brighter and reflect some of the light back to the plants. Is there another color that might be beneficial to the plants? Any ideas? Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - sunroom

I bought myself a full spectrum bulb a few years ago and it had a pale blue tint I wondered if it had something to do with the color of the sky to help plants. But this is only a guess

Cindy

o

Yes, I'd agree to go with a nice blue tone pleasing to your eyes or a subdued yellow, as such nicely sets plants off and also keeps the room bright.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 9:10

I did get it painted. We had a yellow paint that we used in another room but it was a bit darker so we thinned it down with some white and got a really nice pastel yellow color. Really brightens up the room. There are cupboards along one side so I plan to get some blue and white tiles for between the cupboards and counter. Since it is a room I will be using for planting, and I'm messy, I decided to get some paint for the floor, the kind they use in garages. I'm also planning on putting the same tile in the kitchen.

o

Sounds like you'll be achieving a nice look with the colors selected. Any chance of later posting a photo or two?

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 8:50

It'll be a while before it's done because we still have a lot to do. I'll post pics when it's all done.

o

can't wait to see them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here