Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sumisoil

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 10:42

Has anyone ever used this product? It's supposed to absorb water and then slowly release it back into the soil. How does it compare to water polymers? Any feedback would be appreciated. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sumisoil

Sorry, no feedback for you on that product. My concern is the cost and the work involved to retrieve the balls from the soil if you were refreshing the pot/container or changing out. Is this for indoor plants or outdoors?

I'd read on one forum (cannas, I think) that someone placed a disposable baby diaper on the bottom of his outdoor containers to extend the watering schedule because he was out of town a lot and couldn't water as often as needed. Would that idea help, or is that the same as the polymers you mention?

o

Marg, those are the product used in hydroponics aren't they?

Were you considering using them for houseplants or your outside pots?

Lynn

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 14:16

I was wondering if they were like the product used in hydroponics or if they could be mixed with the soil like polymers. When I looked at them again, I guess they are similar to the product used in hydroponics.
On another note, I just got the Plantstep program installed and am working on entering all my plants on it. Who knows, it may help me get organized! LOL. Marg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here