Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

hemerocallis Montfort

marricgardens
15 years ago

Has anyone ever ordered seeds from this place? I just received their catalogue and they have some gorgeous daylilies and the prices seem reasonable. If you did, what was your experience ordering from them? Thanks. Marg

Comments (9)

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Last Spring was the first time ordering from them and was I ever pleased when I opened up my box. Definitely you get your moneyÂs worth! Huge, huge, huge double fans. Fast shipping, plants wrapped carefully and wonderful friendly customer service!

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

I second Sharon's opinion. They are totally awesome.

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the great news ladies! After I posted, I remembered the Garden Watchdog and checked there (why do you always remember after posting?) All comments were positive. I think I will go ahead and place my order. Marg

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Laurie and I shared a HUGE order from them last spring. Very nice plants and a lot of them even bloomed this summer.

I am in the process of going thru their website/catalogue to see if there are any new daylilies of interest there for this year to order.

I don't think they have seeds...just daylily plants.

Brenda

• daylilymike
    14 years ago

I started with 2 daylilies from Montfort in 2007 and now have about 100. I ordered 36 in 2009 from the beginner section by pictures only and at 7.00 each I dont care if some are ugly, and also over 60 bucks a 10% discount.
    Those that I planted this spring have 2-3-4 scapes and all are great looking. He is cheaper that Vivace Nordic by alot, Example Andy Candy 35 at Montfort 65 at VN, Wisest of Wizard 10 at Montford 30 at VN.

I live 1.5 hours from both, and visit every year. VN is much larger operation but have to pay taxes, while Montford does not. Montford's has a display garden which is clean and well tagged whereas VN half the time I have to ask what the plant name is.

Montford do not sell seeds.

• weeper_11
    14 years ago

How would you guys compare Monfort to Floral and Hardy? This winter I want to order from one of them, but I can't really afford both. Which sells nicer plants? Monfort doesn't have as large of selection of course, but if their plants are much nicer then it doesn't really matter. Is everything they have hardy to zone 4? Have they done well in Saskatchewan?

Thanks for any opinions!

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

Weeper, i haven't ever ordered from Montfort but i have from Floral and Hardy, and both their plants and their customer service is excellent. I would highly recommend them.

• northspruce
    14 years ago

I ordered from Montfort once and their plants were quite acceptable but not as nice as Vivaces Nordiques. I have received entire clumps of daylilies from VN and none have ever failed to thrive.

• daylilymike
    14 years ago

Of the 36 I got from Montfort this spring, only 3 did not produce, which can be the plant is a slow grower, all the others produced 2-3-4 scapes. I have not orderred from Floral and Hardy yet but I will for plants that Montfort dont have and the prices at FH seem as reasonable as Montfort.