Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Wish I Had a Greenhouse

nutsaboutflowers
12 years ago

Seems I'll have months and months to wish again that I had a greenhouse, cold frame, or something to kick start spring.

Ginny I see wishes she had one.

How about anyone who wishes to participate try to "plan" this type of thing together, with hints on what to do and what not to do.

So......I have a bunch of old windows in the garage. Years ago I had a makeshift cold frame ( at least I think that's what it would have been called ) and would like to do something similar if it's a good idea. I don't remember how productive my setup was. I wasn't as keen as my advancing years have made me, LOL!

How about a table made from spare wood, holes drilled in it for drainage,build a box and put the windows on an angle with hinges? A good place to put plants in the spring before it's warm enough to plant?

What would be the benefits or problems with this? On warmer days I could easily prop the windows open. Any suggestions, ideas, past experiences, etc. would be welcome. Maybe a few of us will end up with a new "greenhouse" of sorts, made with either new materials, or "stuff" we've already got. I've got months before I need to decide start building =:(

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022