Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bdgardener

Box of Seeds 2009

bdgardener
14 years ago

Hi everyone, I just wanted to start a new post for the box of seeds that was going around last year. I have it, if anyone would like me to send it on, send me an email or post here and I will contact you.

I didn't get as much collected as our weather here was not cooperating, but there is still great variety.

Hope to hear from you all. Cheryl

Comments (80)

• ladybug6a
    14 years ago

thanks willow, I recieved your mail. I am looking so forward to the box. I never had a box of seeds.

• celtic_07
    14 years ago

Update. I've spoken to Kellyrae and have exchanged e-mails, but am still waiting for her to call back so I can pick up the box. Lois

• ladybug6a
    14 years ago

I hope Kelly is ok and we hear from her soon.
    Lois are you greylady gardener? I have received wonderful seeds from you.

• celtic_07
    14 years ago

Hi ladybug No I'm not greylady gardener . I'm Celtic-07 and am participating in the seed exchange for the 1st time.I've never seen the "box" and am looking forward to it.

Hopefully someone will enjoy my contributions also. Take care Lois

• celtic_07
    14 years ago

Well Last night I picked up the box at last. Kellyrae wants to go through it at weeks end and then I'll be sending it to you Sharon. sent you an e-mail. Will be adding several seeds myself. Lois

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    14 years ago

Good to hear! If our list of people who want to see the box gets longer, we should try for a shorter time in which to check over the box and get it sent out again. There doesn't seem to be quite as much interest in it this year, though, but it may pick up as more people start getting spring fever! :)

• ladybug6a
    14 years ago

It,s great to hear, that the box is moving again. I am looking forward to check it out and add seeds of my own.
    Onions , geranium, perennials all need to go in the soil now, so they have a good start.
    keep it moving.....

• celtic_07
    14 years ago

UPDATE I picked up the seed boxfrom Kellyrae on the 21st as mentioned before. I choose the seeds I wanted and filled the box with lost of other seeds, Tonight I'm returning the "box" to Kellyrae as she wants to pick out her seeds as she hasn't done so yet. She has informed me that she'll mail them out to you Sharont over the weekend.

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

Greetings fellow gardeners! Its the end of Jan...almost time to think of starting some seeds YEAH! I just thought of the "wonderful" seed box this morning and wondered if it was still crossing the country. So I thought I'd check in! Sure enough it is! YEAH! I am a little better prepared to add a few seed this year! Who has the box now? Please add me to the list and give me a little idea of how far down the list my name now is. Thanks! Theresa

• ladybug6a
    14 years ago

Thank you celtic for passing it on. I hope the box gets moving a little faster, so that there might be more interest.
    The idea is great, but the box has to get moving and not be stuck in 1 place.
    3 days max in 1 persons posession should be enough. Since we know that its coming, we shold be ready.
    Crazy gardener the box is going, but slow.
    Once I get the box from sharon, it goes to willow, then maybe to you. (I am not sure if there is somebody in between)

• jam3817
    14 years ago

I would love to have a chance with the box. Please put me on the list

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

jam!

I will let you know if and when I get the box.. I think the box is still two stops away from me in Saskatoon and not moving very quickly. (Not sure why its taking so long!) Keep watching the site and I'll keep you posted. As to when I get it and approximately when you can expect it! Theresa

• sharont
    14 years ago

I'll post when I receive the 'Box of Seeds 2009' but with permission will rename it 'Box of Seeds 2010' :)
    Sharon in Ontario

• ladybug6a
    14 years ago

Box of seeds 2010 sound ok. It would be nice if people also put the year on the seed-package. Tomatoes, pumpkins ect are ok for many years. Some annuals are short-lived.

Kellyrae has the seeds at the moment. (maybe she send them on) Last time she had them 1 month in her posession. That is too long, inconsiderate of all the other poeple.
    So please keep the box going, so the interest stays. It,s a wonderful idea.

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

I would love to take part again this year! I missed last year and didn't have time to start much anyway, so I am looking forward to it all the more this year.
    Whenever it gets to BC please let me know here on the forum, I don't think my account email is enabled. I'll have to check.

Sharon (crazy gardener), I believe I recieved it from you last time? I can't remember for sure...

Labeling the year the seeds were harvested is an excellent idea.
    Just a note...last time I participated the packets were getting a little dishevelled and leaking so feel free to tape them up as it moves along. I think it gets tossed around alot in the postal process, lol.
    Looking forward to the surprise!

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

Hi All!

Could some one please report in and tell me where the seed box now is???? It has been about a week has the box moved at all?
    Thanks! Theresa

14 years ago

I've emailed Kelly to check on whether or not it has been mailed out yet. Will let you know when she replies - or she might come here and reply. We'll see. :)

• willow_2007
    14 years ago

Hi Crazy Gardner (Theresa)
    When I receive the box of seeds, I believe, I will be sending the box of seeds on to you, (someone correct me if I am wrong) therefore forward me your mailing address.
    Thanks wendy

• sharont
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    I have become somewhat patient since my retirement. So I'll wait another week for the Box of Seeds to arrive. I also sense there is a reason why the Box of Seeds hasnÂt been sent on.
    I said I would report here if it arrived. It hasnÂt but thought IÂd post anyway to let you all know Kelly emailed last week that she was sending it. I believe her. Let us give her a bit more time.
    Perhaps in another week someone who originally started the Box on its travels several years ago would make a decision as to the fate of this Box of Seeds......if it remains motionless.
    Sharon Middleton, central Ontario

14 years ago

Sharon, the box lived in Newfoundland for a long time last year and we really despaired of its ever moving again. It took a few insistent emails (from more than just me) to finally get it going again. So this has happened before. Hopefully it's just the mail that is slow this time. :)

The originator of this project doesn't visit here much anymore, and others have kept it going. I believe it was - yes, just checked the first post - Cheryl who had custody of the box over the summer and got it going again. We'll probably continue this way with the box because it is a fun project and a lot of people enjoy it.

• sharont
    14 years ago

The Box of Seeds finally arrived today. Thanks Kelly!

Chose packages this afternoon & tidied up a few bedraggled envelopes. I have it packaged again and will mail it from Shoppers Post Office tomorrow, Saturday, but it will not "go out" to ladybug6a until Monday. She should have it by Wednesday or Thursday, in Acton, ON
    Always fun to go through a Box of seeds. Smile.
    Sharon M.in Ontario

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I am not sure who I should be contacting as the current "last recipient" of the box of seeds, but is there still time for me to join the mailing list? if someone would let me know I'd appreciate having a chance to recieve and contribute to the box this year.
    thank you,
    Donna

14 years ago

Making a list:
    From Sharon to ladybug and on to
    Willow
    Theresa
    Jam
    Extreme Gardener
    Donna

Each person on the list should email their address to the one before them so that the box can move smoothly.

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

Thanks marciaz3 for the list!

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

Hi Marcia, thanks for the list. Just wanted to make sure you know that i'm in BC and Donna's in Quebec so once i send it east it will be awhile before it gets back to the west. just so no one else in BC or Alberta gets left out inadvertantly. Can't wait to get it!
    Toots

14 years ago

No, i couldn't remember where you were, Toots! Guess we'll have to hope that Canada Post delivers on time. (hahahahahahahahaha!)

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

Hi! Everyone
    Its nice to see that the seed box might finally be on the move. Because it takes awhile to move it by mail. It would be really nice that anyone who receives it would would only keep it a maximum of "three" days. (If we know its comming our way we should have our seeds ready to add and be able to send it promply on its way.) It takes a "long time" for the bottom person to get it! So everyone please be considerate of that and don't "sit on the box" any longer than necessary!

I look forward to seeing what little treasures are in it this year! HAPPY PLANTING EVERYONE!
    Theresa

• ladybug6a
    14 years ago

I have received box yesterday. Exchanged some seeds, and out to the postoffice yesterday to Willow next.
    It was fun.

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

Jam, you'll have to email me with your email address or activate the email link on your member page so I can send you my mailing address :')

Marcia, lol...rain or shine so they say!

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

Willow (Wendy)

For some reason I can not axcess your email on here. Could you please email me on here so I can get back to you with my address?

Thanks! crazy_gardner (Theresa)

• willow_2007
    14 years ago

Received the box of seeds today and will be sending it out on Monday. Looking forward to sifting through the box over the weekend.
    Thanks Willow

• jam3817
    14 years ago

How is the box of seeds coming along? Has it made it to Theresa yet?
    Jamie

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

Hi Jamie!
    The seedbox arrived this afternoon. Will look through it and get it out to you as fast as I can. (Monday morning mail) If all goes well you will get it next week. That is how long it took to get to me. Just had a peek it looks great! (If you have a question about something specific you are looking for in the box send me an email direct!)
    Happy Gardening! Theresa

• crazy_gardner
    14 years ago

Hi Jamie!

Just to let you know I did mail out the seedbox today!
    I am guessing you will get it on Friday!
    Have fun!
    Theresa

• jam3817
    14 years ago

Thank you Theresa! I am really excited to take a peek. I'll let everyone know when I receive it.
    Happy Tuesday,
    Jamie

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

Did you receive the box yet, Jamie?

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

Any news where the box is?

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

Yes! I received it on Friday (Thanks Jamie :') )and am just now sitting down to look up some unknowns. It will be in the mail on Monday headed your way, Donna.

14 years ago

Donna, since you're last on the list, you can either keep the box until next fall or send it to me and i'll get it going again then - whatever you want to do. :)

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update everyone, I'll let you know when I receive it.
    Donna

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

Donna, DH got the box mailed on Monday. I'm curious to know how many days it takes to go from here to Quebec!

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

Hello everyone, I'll let you know when the box arrives, but as our postal delivery folk have both Good friday & Easter Monday off, it might take a bit longer than usual.
    Thanks,
    Donna

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Okay I have been watching this and resisting the urge to join in again this year but, I think I just have to jump in. I had fun with it last year. :) and since I am not far from Donna then this would be a good time.
    Could I please join in?.....please?

• xtreme_gardener
    14 years ago

The more the merrier, Greylady! I don't think there's a "too late" in this game. Just pass on your mailing address to Donna.
    Are you in Quebec, too?

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Not in Quebec, but Ontario. Thanks so much I will e-mail Donna

• donna_jj
    14 years ago

The box arrived last Wednesday, and has been sent on its merry way to Lois this morning.There was quite an interesting bunch of seeds in it, I'll have to join in again next year.
    Thanks,
    Donna

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

well the box arrived today! wow!! there was a notice in the mailbox when I got home from work. now that is service haha

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Should I keep the box and start it on its' way again in the fall or should I send it 'home'
    Happy to do either, just LMK :)

14 years ago

You can keep it - just start it up in the fall again. :) Home would be Sharon, and she said last year that she had too darn many seeds already, which is why she started the box in the first place! LOL

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

thanks Marcia, I will put it in a safe place and fill it up with the new harvest of seeds from my garden this year and then start it on its' way again.
    gg

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company