Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
north53zone2b

Who's in the snowstorm zone?

north53 Z2b MB
11 years ago

We might be on the outer edge and miss it entirely. It's not snowing here in central MB yet anyway.

Comments (10)

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    11 years ago

Got nailed here just northwest of Edmonton, probably received 12 to 14 inches of heavy snow. Cold had arrived extra early this year and giving me no chance whatsoever to do ground prep of spreading manure and compost etc. I don't have a fence, so have been busy tying up young trees and shrubs to prevent damage from deer and moose. Moose had already come though the yard yesterday, a mother with her two large 2 year olds, one had been grazing right up next to the house, the bugger, lol. Despite the tree being bundled up, they broke the main leader off one of my 'Prairie Splendor' Norway maples, though it remained enough intact that I was able to tape it back in place and it "should be" okay. I have more preventative work to do, though sure don't feel like venturing outside when it feels and looks like the middle of winter!

• Pudge 2b
    11 years ago

It's been snowing steady here (west of Yorkton) for the past 24 hours and it doesn't appear to be letting up at all. It's dumped a lot of snow.

:(

• Pudge 2b
    11 years ago

Here's what it gave us

• north53 Z2b MB
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pudge, DH is admiring the snowblower. He's just purchased one and is anxious to try it out. I'm looking forward to all my perennials getting their blanket of snow, but so far it is just very light snow with a bit of drifting.

• northspruce
    11 years ago

We're at the other edge of it. Looks like western MB is getting the worst. We've had a couple of inches but nothing like Pudge. My snowblower is exactly the same age as me. Every year I think it'll never start again but then it does. Here's hoping. :)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    11 years ago

We haven't gotten a lot except freezing rain and ice pellets - very little accumulation but the roads are slick. We have my husband to thank for the lack of snow. Yesterday he put chains on the tractor and put the plow on the truck. He figured for sure we wouldn't get any snow then!

• Konrad___far_north
    11 years ago

Yeah...we got it first!

• Pudge 2b
    11 years ago

Nice looking dog, Konrad. They sure don't seem to mind the snow.

Our snowblower is 20 years old - DH started talking about a new one last year but then I think he only used it twice the whole winter so he quit talking about a new one. He'll have to blow out the driveway again today.

It's still snowing here although it has lightened up some but the north wind is pretty fierce. DH came home from his morning dog walk and figures if you don't have 4WD, you're not getting anywhere in our town today.

The forecast now has -20 in it so even though I'm not fond of all that snow, it is protecting the plants from the cold.

It's a good day to make a pot of soup and bake some bread.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    11 years ago

Pictures of my icy garden in the Gallery. :)

• shazam_z3
    11 years ago

Snowed like mad in Calgary. I think I got at least 30cm. I hope the rain barrel survived because I forgot to tip it over before the cold weather arrived.