Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Limelight Hydrengea Fall Color

Posted by mainegard3 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 4, 10 at 14:33

I bought a limelight hydrengea tree this summer. It was a very dry summer in southern Maine. It is planted on the North side of the house but gets sun from about noon on. The blooms stayed lime green for a long time, turned a blush pink in October and then dried up brown. I was expecting more of a show in fall with deep rusty rose/ burgunday blooms, not hints of pink. The Pee Gees I saw from midsummer on (limelight/Grandiflora type) were beautiful as the blooms aged into that deep burgundy. Do only the original Pee Gees have this color? Does it need more sun? Is it simply not yet established? Do I need to add blood meal? Did the dry summer have an impact? PS. The hydrengea forum has little activity so I posted here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Limelight Hydrengea Fall Color

It doesn't look like anyone here can answer your question.

I would read up on it during the winter, and wait to see what happens in it's second year. =:)

o
RE: Limelight Hydrengea Fall Color

I bot a Limelight last spring and from what you said your plant did exactly as it's supposed to. Limelight does not turn "deep rusty rose/burgundy".

See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: about Limelight hydrangea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here