Return to the Far North Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First seed catalogue :)

Posted by honalee 3a (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 16:03

So we start another winter planning our spring with the first catalogue. T&T Seeds arrived today; first one for me. Haven't even opened it yet since I won't be ordering anything new for spring...........maybe. :) I certainly don't need anything and will actually need to give away seed before it is no longer viable. Still updating my list........ it has been an unusual fall to say the least. :(

If anyone is looking for something in particular, please drop me a line and I will check if I have it before I get my update posted.

Sending everyone a virtual hot beverage and some quiet catalogue time. :)

Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First seed catalogue :)

I used to get seed catalogs but I didn't order for a while and they stopped coming. Enjoy your browsing cheers!!

o

Oh yummy!!! Baby it's cold outside! Lol!

Ginny

o

Now, with so many catalogues on line, it is not as much fun to
receive the printed ones. Most of my seed acquisitions are from the sales.
Caroline

o

I like the printed ones. Hard to bring your computer to bed with you to peruse page after page of eye candy. :)

o

I like the printed ones too. I will have to order some seeds this year. Haven't gotten any in the mail yet. Richters is my favorite. Any suggestions?

o

T & T came today. There's a new artist rose named for one of Tom Thomson's paintings - "Campfire". I love Tom Thomson... I really have this feeling i'm going to need a new garden bed....

o

Lol, Marcia! Eye candy in bed; I like that idea! In fact, I indulge myself every season!

I did notice that T&T also has Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea this year! Then I closed the catalogue.......:)

Ginny

o

I'm a print girl too. Did anyone notice in T&T's note to customers that there is a P.S. that says "A sad goodbye to a longtime mail order competitor "McFaydens Seeds" They closed their mail order portion"

I"m kinda sad over that I like ordering from McFayden. Cheryl

o

Oh, that's too bad about McFayden. I guess that means one less catalogue.

o

• Posted by pudge 2/3 Sask (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 8:45

I'm sure all the online sources are giving some seed companies a run for their money.

I like the print catalogues, too. I've just got the Stokes catalogue so far - besides Wm Dam, I'm not sure which other ones I'll get because I've only been ordering from Stokes & Wm Dam. I've got a shopping cart already started at Stokes - I thought I might try the Toscana Strawberries, Santa Cruz Begonia and the new hanging pansies, and they all need to be started early.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here