Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tyshee

What is happening at your house now the gardening is almost over?

tyshee
18 years ago

I am bored and the posts are getting less and less. I will start off. My puppy is bored now he can't work in the garden stealing plant tags, stealing tomatoes from the greenhouse, eating from the garden and yuk the compost pile, stealing packages of bulbs, running off with a lily bulb, digging in the mulch,pouncing on the hose, sitting under the sprinkler and dragging on my pants legs. (No this isn't a lab puppy. He is a little fluffy pekingnese who thinks he's a lab). He has torn up all of the plants in the bay window and dumped over my new amarylis. He has taken to stealing from the garbage so his puppy school instructor said start squirting him with a spray bottle. Oh he loved that one. He sat down and enjoyed himself licking the water as it ran down his head. Just another game. Ok that didn't work. Next came the extra hot hot sauce. He loved that too. Drug out the paper towel, shook his head a few times and began to eat it. Back to school we go and she suggest mouse traps. Sounds mean so it took a week and much scattered papers to finally get the courage to set the traps. Day one he springs the trap and yelps. Day two he starts springing the traps and running when they snap. Day three he sets off the traps and brings one to me while I am watching TV. He looked at me if to say, "You fool." A week later he leaves the garbage alone only if the traps are set in a fashion he can't spring. I have been snapped more times than Afus while setting those darn things. Even the instructor had to laugh. Any suggestions on smart puppies garbage and plants? Now help end my boredom and post your recent humour or just what are you doing.

Comments (37)

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

When a mother dog wants to teach her pup not to do something, she'll shake the puppy by the scruff of the neck. We've used this method to teach a pup, grasp firmly, shake gently (don't want shaken puppy syndrome) and yell 'no'. This only works if he's within reach, though.

Another method that's worked for me in the past is a pop can about 1/3 filled with pennies and screws and the top taped up. When puppy does something bad, shake the can hard and yell 'no'. We had a german shepherd dog who, when he was a pup, figured he was the boss and wasn't going to listen to me at all. Boy, he was trying. I started using the coke can when he was about 6 months old and it worked wonders. I even took it when we went on walks, hidden in my pocket and used when he decided he was going to take me for a walk instead, or wanted to chase a cat or whatever - he was too big to handle on a leash if he didn't obey me. Eventually I just left it on the counter and I could fake him out by pretending to reach for it. It got so that I could threaten him just with the phrase 'I'm getting the can' and he'd stop whatever he was doing. It was kinda funny, this 100 pound fierce looking dog scared of a silly coke can. But it worked.

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

Our dog is now four years old and knows enough not to go into the gardens anymore. He used to be called The Damn Digging Dog. :) Unfortunately, my son, who lives next door, got a puppy this summer, and Diesel has grown almost as big as his Uncle Red. He comes over to call on Red and they romp all over the place. Diesel romps all over every garden bed i have. I'm rapidly losing my patience, but gritting my teeth. Maybe time to dig out the fencing we used when Red was young, and hope like heck that Diesel will have learned by spring.

• quiltglo
    18 years ago

No dogs here, but I managed to kill off my worms already. I know better than to put banana peels in the worm food, but figured "what the heck."

The kids went to feed the worms and it looked like millions of fruit flies exploded from the worm bin. OK, only thousands. The bin quickly went to the 10 degree backyard and I sucked up those little suckers with the vacuum.

My wonderfully observant DH wandered in and immediately observed "You've been keeping worms in the laundry room?" He's walked by them every day since August.

My grow light system is also in the laundry room, so I've been eying that empty space thinking surely I could be starting something for next spring. Better drop that thought until after the holidays.

We keep trying to get the ice rink going in the backyard. No snow and I'm not willing to spend something for berms. Other northerners have told me to just keep watering the yard and build up the ice, but I never raked back there so it's taking awhile. We keep forgetting to water. Maybe we'll get enough snow soon.

Gloria

• mainesfwriter
    18 years ago

My blasted CAT (the youngest and most playful of seven furries nobody else wanted) has been pulling the buds off my Thanksgiving cactus collection. The older ones have been sitting on the daybed in front of the living room window, chittering furiously at the bird feeder patrons off the deck rail.

I keep eyeing the bargain bulbs, and womanfully resisting them because at this late date I really don't enjoy putting them in. I did manage to add 50 mixed crocuses (really mixed, snow and giant varieties shaken up together before planting) around the whiskey barrel planter in the front yard. That planter marks the lid of the septic tank, which got pumped this fall. I put 30 Tete-a-Tete daffodils around it earlier, so I should have a spectacular show come spring.

Love those dog and puppy stories! I had a German shepherd when I was a girl, and she had just as strong a will as that 100-pound male.

Fruit flies. UGH. I'm still suffering the consequences of repotting my house plants in contaminated soil. The Hyponex customer service rep informed me that I shouldn't be upset about their product being the source, because insects are part of nature...yeah, right. So are grizzlies, but that doesn't mean I want them in my house.

Random musings when it's both too late to garden outdoors, and too early! Can't wait to start something, come late winter!

18 years ago

Mainesfwriter, check out the link below and you can happily contemplate playing in the dirt a LOT sooner than late winter!

Meanwhile, it seems the Damn Romping Dogs have broken the elm seedling a friend accidentally sent me, thinking it was a volunteer clematis. I hope it comes back. Sigh....

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Sowing Forum

• mainesfwriter
    18 years ago

How interesting - thanks!

While I was checking out the Winter Sowing Forum, Mariah the way too active young cat tried to haul the whole stand filled with Thanksgiving cactus plants down on her head. How dare I be at the computer, and not paying attention to her? Pets!!!!

Dratted creature knows exactly how cute she is.

• glen3a
    18 years ago

Still a bit of gardening for me. Yesterday I was mulching my tender rose, over the base of my clematis, around my hollies which I then wrapped up, etc. Still have to wrap some of my cedars that are in more exposed spots. Then I was watering the plants in the flower bed right against the house, because that usually doesn't get much rain. I wanted to get this stuff done because it's suppose to freeze, as in ground freezing up, later this week. Or at least it looks that way in the forecast. The gardener side of me is wishing for snow before that (to insulate the ground).

I got some tulip bulbs on sale, so planted them yesterday. Didn't plan it out much, just took a shovel, dug a hole, threw a couple of bulbs in here and there. Actually it's nice. Some years by the time they put the tulip bulbs on sale, the ground is already freezing up. This year it was beautiful out, though getting cooler by the day.

Indoors, I still had a few impatien cuttings (which were late in rooting) to pot up. I think I have 5 different colors, but 8 plants, so some might be duplicates (you know how it is, when you take cuttings, you figure the more the better).

Also, I bought monkey puzzle tree seeds via ebay. They stood in the pot for three months and I was ready to throw them out (I am not the best at germinating "hard to start" stuff). Then, to my surprise, they started germinating, so I now have them under plant lights. Cute little guys, though they are really "foreign" to me so it should be interesting if I can keep them as a houseplant in winter, outdoor patio plant in summer.

Anyways, my indoor focus will now be on painting my kitchen. For gardening, I really have to focus on my shabby rootbound houseplants and get them looking better. It's embarassing for someone who considers themselves a gardener, myself that is, to have such poor looking houseplants, but during summer my focus is really outdoors.

Glen

• sierra_z2b
    18 years ago

Well gardening isn't exactly over......I remembered to water my 2 xmas cactus and 2 African violets. :-) Something I usually forget to do. I set them in the window because we won't see much sun now til spring......so hopefully that will perk them up a bit.

I bought 3 amaryillus bulbs uhhhhhh last weekend or the weekend before....short memory these days LOL. They are three different sizes.....one huge, one large, and one medium/small.......'red lion', 'liberty', and 'tristar'.

I also bought 2 hyacinth vases and started two bulbs that sit just above the water.....they both have long roots already. Have never tried this before so....hope it works. It didn't say anything about changing the water in the vase but I did anyway so it doesn't get smelly. Anyone grow them like this?

Now if I can just remember to water and look after these indoor plants.......they might even grow. :O

Sierra

• luv2gro
    18 years ago

Hi everyone

Long time no talk to. I have been working a new job with really a really weird shift - 3 AM to 11:30 AM. It has me really, really tired all of the time. Although I'm not posting much, I still read our forum pretty faithfully.

However, on my days off last week, I did manage to get my Valencia orange tree repotted along with nine of her little babies. The root ball of the orange tree is not very big and it is a large pot, so I think the seedlings will be fine in the big pot as well, for awhile. I've still got a bit to do outside, as far as some winterizing and general cleanup, although most of it is done and I feel like we are in pretty good shape for the S--- to fly. I have to get my trade list done so the seed trades can start flying.

Take care everyone.

Shauna

• abgardeneer
    18 years ago

Not much happening here... making granola at the moment, which, as you can imagine, is not too taxing! Just threw it in the oven for a while, with the timer on and will watch it carefully...since, following the recipe the first time, against my better judgement ("20 minutes at 350"? Then supposedly another 20 minutes? Really, I ask you!), I burnt the first batch into virtual cinders! Now that's roughage for ya!!

Went to the Farmer's Market at the old Calgary barracks today. Quite interesting. The best purchase was some cut flowers - lots of exotic things at a very reasonable price. Yeah, we often try to brighten things up a bit with cut flowers in winter... and it's suddenly started seeming like winter out there, despite all the yellows, browns, tans and russets which are certainly interesting. (If only it didn't last so long!)

We were supposed to flip one of DH's 150-gallon aquariums end-for-end (some minor scratches on the front glass which he wants to hide (the perfectionist) by putting them to the rear). Thank god he didn't get around to that...whew, a reprieve for me!!! Maybe at least until next weekend. Those suckers weigh a little over 300 pounds and I really don't look forward to helping with them. Not to mention all the swearing that happens whenever we try to move one, LOL!

Other than that, on the gardening front, I'm just rummaging through books to make a list of plants to try to get seeds for, and then try, come spring.

• mcav0y
    18 years ago

I am working on better winterizing my house. I bought this house last fall. Last year I did some winterizing (weatherstipping, spray foam insulation around windows, etc). This year I continue little things (wrapping pipes, putting a blanket around the water heater, insulating the garage door, etc)

I know these are things you should do BEFORE winter, but it feels much more satisfying when can actually feel a difference when you are done!

As for plants, I just got rid of aphids off an indoor impatiens. And I put my amrylis and paperwhite bulbs out in the garage for "hibernation." I will start them again around Christmas, so I hopefully can have some nice flowers in the dreary months of Jan/Feb

• elvis
    18 years ago

I finally got the tulips in the ground. Garden's tilled; potting shed is ready to be the snowmobile garage. Swapped out the RX7 for the Buick, so I'm ready. No way I could stop gardening for the winter, so I have a greenhouse built into my house. It's wonderful to be out there when it's 20 below with icicles right in front of me while I'm preparing WS flats or repotting AV's. I highly recommend you all build one for yourselves...

18 years ago

I'll get right on that! :)

• north53 Z2b MB
    18 years ago

Elvis, I would really like to see some pics of your greenhouse. Sounds wonderful.
    Personally, I am going into withdrawal from the lack of activity on this forum right now.
    Winter seems to have officially started here now. The ground is frozen today, but on Friday Nov 11, I was out digging in the garden planting garlic. Marie

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

Lori, I visited that farmer's market while in Calgary last year and thought it was wonderful! Interesting for me, too, in that DH (retired soldier) used to work at that base and we attended many a good dinner&dance at the mess. Lots of military parades, too. Good memories - sometimes I really miss that life, especially the social events where the guys were in their 'mess kits' (military version of tuxedo's, I guess). They all looked so handsome and debonaire. The cooks always outdid themselves with the menu, and we always partied way into the night. Fun times.

I'm really impressed with what they've done to the area, as well as on the other side of Crowchild (memory fails me - is it off 33rd?) where the married quarters used to be.

We're getting some horrid snow storm today - lots of wind and snow has it looking like a blizzard out there. Well, I guess it probably is a blizzard - I guess I should pull myself out of my little bubble of denial and jump right into the reality of winter.

• abgardeneer
    18 years ago

Interesting, Pudge...what was the original purpose of the big building that now houses the Farmer's Market? Was that the mess, or something else? I also noticed that there is a wine vendor (J. Webb) now occupying another big hangar-like building near that one - didn't go in but if they're using that whole building, they might have one heck of an inventory! I'm not too familiar with the area (I make feeble jokes about having to pack a lunch in order to drive down to south Calgary), but are you thinking of Marda Loop on the other side of Crowchild, perhaps?

• abgardeneer
    18 years ago

Oh, it just occurred to me - the Farmer's Market is at "Currie Barracks", isn't it?

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

Not much gardening happening here either. I just dug up some my anemonies last week and have one blooming its little head off inside now. I will retire it to the basement storage room went it's ready for a rest. It'll sit nicely next to the miniture rose that I'm trying to winter-over as well!

Other then that I've been keeping busy with my craftsy-stuff. I decided to take up knitting again since all my kids where "skwacking" for slippers! I just finished crocheting my girls some "circle purses" too. They were fun to make! When I'm not knitting or crocheting I'm working on my scrapbook embellishments/paper-piecing.

Ang

• tyshee
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, it seems it is time for needlework and a movie in the evening. I am embroidering (by hand)and teaching it to my grandchild. Nest I will probably start crocheting a tablecloth and finish two more I am embroidering and finish a quilt I was working on last winter. Days are being spent working on hundreds of acres of land parcels because I am chairman of a land committee and compiling information for a workshop. I found spider mites on my fully loaded miniature orange tree. I will try and get the better half to carry it to the shower for treatment and a good washing. Any suggestions on how to rid oneself of those nasty critters? We had terrific problems with them this year due to our unusually hot dry summer. Apparently some took up residence in the house. It's snowing outside which is good as we have had lots of cold and no snow. I hope someone posts something exciting here as this is my refuge.

• Pudge 2b
    18 years ago

Yes it is (was) Currie Barracks. The hangars were originally used for airplanes but later on were for entire units - DH thinks the building where the farmers market now is is where the PPCLI (Princess Pat's) did their thing. I'm not sure, but the other area I'm thinking of might be Garrison Woods, but I could be wrong.

Wow, one of those entire hangars for wine - now that would be a party!

I'd also like to know a sure fire method for spider mites. I gave my mom my tropical hibiscus that I've had for about 5 years. It's been blooming itself to death and they're enjoying the blooms immensely. But last week I noticed some tell tale webbing - she's been misting it daily but I don't think it's helping a whole lot. I was thinking of mulching with a thick layer of damp moss to hold humidity, and also thought of giving it a good shower. I understand hibiscus are really sensitive to any kind of chemical (and being a house plant, I wouldn't want to do that anyway). Would enclosing it in a large plastic bag out of direct sun to really bump up the humidity for a few days do the trick?

For anyone who sews, knits or crochets - I have this little thing that I think is a great idea - it's a triangular piece of fabric (fleece, in this case) which has velcro on the two long ends that attach behind the neck, the other piece of the triangle sits in front making an excellent neck/chin warmer that fits inside the jacket or coat without adding a bunch of bulk.

• lilmonicker
    18 years ago

Doing some neat stuff this winter.

1. Airplants - got about 8 different types lots of plants. They are growing okay inside the house with limited access to sun light. These guys require a daily misting which takes my mind off work Once a week I dunk them for about 10-20 minutes...

2. Propagation.
    - Petunia Hybrids - growing by cuttings to create a number that I can collect seed from. Working on developing a stable seed plant but this is turning out to be difficult, 2 years at it already. Originally from seed collected 2 years ago. Wet foam technique already plants are potted and about 7 inches and blooming.

- Fuschia - I hate buying these guys... too expensive and the cuttings grow in wet foam really easy. They are potted as well now about 12 inches some are blooming. Like the Petunias I'll take multiple cuttings from these parent plants in February or March to have ready for summer.

- Lilies - Scaling Oriental and Asiatic lily bulbs. Got about 40+ scales on the go. These won't be ready for another year. Potting up some bulblets tonight. Very successful, bulblets are showing up on about 95% of the Asiatic scales and about 82% of the Oriental scales. Bag method with vermiculite.

- Lamium (Dead Nettle) - going to have lots of it this year... Only had one starter plant last year and it did very well. I want more of this. I cut some off in the fall and I have been growing it indoors under my lights since. I have been fighting a bit of a spider mite problem but I have had this under control for the last 2 weeks.

3. Forcing

- Crocus - Forcing them in a clear bowl in water on my kitchen table. Its great cause the kids get to see the root development every meal they have. I put the corms in the fridge for several weeks in damp vermiculite to start developing a root structure and winter them first. Told the kids we were fooling the corms trying to make them think it was winter. Simple glass bowl $3 from Walmart. Clear glass stones (the type you'd buy for a fish tank) to hold the corms out of the water. Fill the dish until the water touches the very bottom of the corms (don't let water go much higher or corms will rot). Only doing about 5 at a time I have a whole bag full of them in the fridge ready to go after the first ones bloom.

Those are my projects. Having lots of fun this year. Its nice to be able to carry this on in the winter. Going to start Winter sowing in 2 months. I learned a lot about wintersowing last year (not making the same mistakes again this year). Keeping a journal has really helped this fall.

- Andrew

• SeaOtterCove
    18 years ago

Andrew,

How do you start plants in wet foam? Are you just using the regular green florist foam that is soaked and sticking the cuttings in that? I haven't heard of that method before. I suspect that it works really well?

Plus for what type of lamium are you taking cuttings of and starting indoors? I received some from several friends last year and didn't think I would have to winter it indoors. The plant from one friend who is not a gardener (he told me to take all of his perennials last year, and he bought a new house recently that has lots of flowerbeds. Yea, more plants for me. :)) Sorry getting off topic there, anyways he had his outside with no protection and by the size it had been there awhile.

Syreeta

• abgardeneer
    18 years ago

Syreeta,
    No, Lamium maculatum does not have to be wintered indoors - I think you'll find it hardy as all get out even in zone 2. (L. orvala and veronicifolium are hardy too.) In summer, one can just dig up rooted offsets from around the mother plant to move around, or clip off unrooted offsets and root them in water to plant out. Actually, some of my varieties spread so much by seed that I've never bothered moving them around manually.
    Lori

18 years ago

Andrew, we're coming shopping at your house next year! Impressive projects you've got going there! I do have some cuttings inside and two pots of petunias that were from cuttings this summer (Silver Waves). They are doing okay - i just cut them back last week. There seem to be aphids on them, though, so i've been spraying them.

Syreeta, you don't have to overwinter lamium inside. Andrew is just propagating his plants. I've taken cuttings from lamium and some sedums before, but just stick them in the ground. I think i'll try Andrew's idea next year because i often lose lamium in spring cold snaps after the snow cover is gone.

• lilmonicker
    18 years ago

Syreeta,

No you don't have to winter Lamium indoors at least not mine... that should be clear to you now... ;)

I just want tons of Lamium in the spring. So I'm spending some time this winter propagating it. Lori is right it spreads pretty fast by itself, but I'm trying to fill in a back lane and want to help it along. I'm tired of mowing back there and no one walks or drives up it.

The foam is standard florist "wet" foam. Be careful there is a "dry" foam too. Dry foam will not suck up water and can't be used for this. Wet foam sucks up water and can be cut into 1 inch cubes. You poke a hole in the cube about 1 centimeter deep. Keep the cube standing in water and put your cutting in the hole. The hole should be snug for the cuttings diameter. Treat cutting with growth hormone. Fuschia doesn't need growth hormone, it grows like crazy with just water.

Go to the Plant Propagation forum or ask me in another thread if you want more details... there use to be a 100+ thread on this topic but I can't find it now. I've been really successful with both Petunia and Fuschia using this technique. I haven't had a failed cutting yet with these two types.

Clematis and Rose are only so so with this method... Better results if you tent them. Even better results if you buy a heating tray with cover.

Also if you use a heating tray filled with water and cover you pretty much kill every mite or aphid on the cuttings with the high humidity.

- Andrew

18 years ago

Aphids are always a big problem for me, so i'm making a note of the humidity thing. I don't have a heating tray, but i could "tent" my containers on a heating pad, if that would work. Thanks for that idea, Andrew!

• abgardeneer
    18 years ago

Definitely agree that increased humidity is effective against spider mites. Sorry to differ re. aphids though...can't really say we've seen generally convincing evidence that humidity discourages them...
    Where I'm coming from is that we have to keep a close eye on plants in our (stiflingly humid!) greenhouse, to keep the aphids down, and have found that some water plants (e.g. water hyacinths, lotuses) are very attractive to them too (and these would be in the same ultra-humid conditions, in the greenhouse ponds).

We also have to watch and control aphids on the water plants that winter indoors, again in humid conditions (containers that are kept covered with clear lids to allow light in but to reduce evaporation and maintain a constant temperature). But luckily we can just knock the aphids off into the water and the fish are happy to take care of them!

Shooting the aphids off with a spray of water, outdoors or in the greenhouse, does work, but in that case, it's the physical force that's effective.

It really is fascinating, how many different species(?) of aphids there appears to be - the ones on the lotus leaves are a different size/color from those on the roses, and from those outside on the lupins. I'm guessing some species are very specific as to their host plant, and others are generalists? Perhaps some can take high humidity and some can't?

18 years ago

Well, heck. And here i thought i could defeat the beastly aphids. Back to swishing the cuttings around in soapy water or spraying them with insecticidal soap. :)

• zone_envy
    18 years ago

Gardening is almost over? Shhhhh... don't tell the people on the wintersowing forum, they're just getting started!
    I plan to join in and my house is a mess with all the containers and seed packets and....well you get the picture, lol. This is a blast and I can't wait to start!

• lilmonicker
    18 years ago

ABgardeneer,

When I use a heating pad tray and cover, the water just plasters the cuttings... It literally rains inside the container... The increased humidity and the water on the plant help bring up the cutting success rate. Aphids and mites can't handle the water droplets that form on the plant and run off. Its even better if the plants have a course surface and retain water droplets.

I've taken lots of cuttings with pest problems and put them in a tray full of water and a heating pad below it. As long as the tray is covered the pests die quickly from the water droplets.

Most of my cuttings stay in the tray for several weeks and by the time they come out whatever was on the cutting it is usually dead.

- Andrew

• knorbs
    16 years ago

@abgardener

hello abgardener...some postings above, you wrote that you grow lamium veronicifolium. i'm looking for the small lamium species from turkey. i can't contact you directly, so i post here for my request (sorry for all others for my off topic posting). is it possible to get some cuttings or seed next year (exchange with plants or seed from my garden)? you can contact me by email, see my member-account.

hehe...we've the same birthday ;-)))

norbert from germany

• marricgardens
    16 years ago

I have been reading this thread and noticed the questions about spidermites and aphids. I treat both with Safers Insecticidal Soap. To make sure I get them all, I place the plant in a large bag, a large dry cleaning bag works, and then I spray the plant with soap and pour the rest of the soap over the soil. Then I fold the top of the bag over and let the soap do its job. This method lets the soap get in everywhere, leaves, stems, etc. Pouring it on the soil lets it kill any insect eggs that are in there. Just make sure to keep the plant out of direct sunlight so as not to toast your plant. This is the way I do it and it always works for me. Hope this helps. Marg

• cmmwiebe
    16 years ago

Well I just wanted to add a few notes here.
    What's happening is Clematis germinating and blooming. I received three seedlings last spring from Brian Collingwood in England. They came in a card in the mail and all took off when planted. In the meantime I managed to do in one of them but of the other 2 one has bloomed and has more buds while the other has bads and will bloom between now and Christmas. Also Blackberry Candy Lily seeds germinating. I was sure there would be none as I had not sent a bubble envelope, just a folded foam! Many of the seeds were crushed much to my sadness.
    I have also received Clematis seeds from several sources and have been planting them.
    What I am looking forward to is starting Columbine and poppies after the Christmas season. I will have some Columbine and poppy seeds available after Christmas to exchange as well. List comes later.

I was fortunate to get seeds from several sources for Nanking Cherry and Evans Cherry so got those planted and will try to find a way to bring them in and let them get started as well since they have been in the cold since early October.

Good growing!
    Clayton

16 years ago

Clayton, do you ever winter sow anything? I had luck with Clematis tangutica, and also with poppies and columbines, though the columbines didn't grow very fast. Saves a lot of space inside, not to mention hydro bills!

16 years ago

Clayton, do you ever winter sow anything? I had luck with Clematis tangutica, and also with poppies and columbines, though the columbines didn't grow very fast. Saves a lot of space inside, not to mention hydro bills!

• cmmwiebe
    16 years ago

Marcia
    I have not tried winter sowing here as yet. I agree about the space thing but I am too much of a voyeur. I wan to see them start!
    I need to read a bit more in the winter sowing forum to get a better idea of what I might start.

One thing which has been very disappointing is not getting seed of Edible Blue Honeysuckle to start this winter ( I have had seed to work with for the last 2 winters). My sources did not come through. I am trying hard to get collectors in Europe and Russia and just don't get the timing right. Hopefully next spring.

Clayton

16 years ago

"I wan to see them start!"

That's why you go out every day in the spring and peer through the openings in your containers!

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA