Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

Brr....

Konrad___far_north
10 years ago

Minus 35C, 8am ...10min from here this morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Edmonton Int'l Airport, Alberta

Comments (9)

• Collin001
    10 years ago

I was lucky to wake up to a tropical -34. I guess I can consider myself fortunate!

• beegood_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful picture Konrad.. Was -35 at my place as well. Just gotta love this North Country.

• beegood_gw
    10 years ago

I wrote this a long time ago

A winter Night
    The Northern Lights are glowing
    In the molten sky
    And in the distance the wolves are howling
    There lonesome wavering cry

It's winter in the Northland
    The snow is cold and deep
    The trees, the flowers and rivers
    are in a long and silent sleep

I am a northerner at heart and have never really lived in the southern areas of Canada

• FrozeBudd_z3/4
    10 years ago

-34 C when I had checked at 11 pm last night before going to bed. Under clear skies, I thought we'd get right down to -40, though it was a balmy -31 C in the morning, lol.

I don't mind winter so much anymore, just really dislike these bitter cold snaps and the icy conditions ... the very long dark nights ... and how winter often drags on and on ... oh, I change my mind, I still hate it, lol.

• donna_in_sask
    10 years ago

To think, this exact date last year I was leaving on a four week long trip to Maui. I can't stand winterâ¦let's not even mention windchill. It felt like -50C today when I went out to do some errands, the wind sure didn't help.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks,...great poem, Beegood!

It's nice to get away and escape this frigid north for a while,..haven't done it for a couple of years. [Have gone to Colombia and China]
    I don't really complain much about our weather,..as long the sun is out, my job is in the warm machine shop and love the work I do.

Lots of people go to Mexico or cruise,..I haven't ventured there yet.

• don555
    10 years ago

In the south end of Edmonton, coldest I've seen on the thermometer so far is -31.1C (same night as those temps recorded above). Coldest daytime high so far is -25C.

For early December, that's pretty cold. But the thick blanket of snow should protect what's underground, and the -31C isn't really cold enough to hurt the stuff above the snow-line. At least I certainly hope not.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not sure how accurate this is but this is a copy and paste of Beaumont for the last 24 hours.

9 AM this morning minus 38C

Saturday, January 4 - Sunday, January 5

GRAPH
    TABLE

PrevNext

-60ðC-40ðC-20ðC

Temperature
    Feels like

Sun
    12 am
    -27ðC

Sun
    1 am
    -28ðC

Sun
    2 am
    -29ðC

Sun
    3 am
    -30ðC

Sun
    4 am
    -35ðC

Sun
    5 am
    -35ðC

Sun
    6 am
    -34ðC

Sun
    7 am
    -38ðC

Sun
    8 am
    -36ðC

Sun
    9 am
    -38ðC

Sun
    10 am
    -37ðC

Sun
    11 am
    -32ðC

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    10 years ago

A little chilly, I'd say. I woke up to -34 in the city. My little feathered friends were waiting for their warm food this morning I'll tell ya! Even the shelties didn't want to go outside! Brrrr....

Ginny

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio