o
Looking for mice

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 15:25

Coyoteinbackyard001Scouting around my back yard looking for a meal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for mice

Beautiful!!! Am I the only gardener who thinks coyotes are to be admired?

I'd like to have that mouser in my front hall for a couple of hours. I have an uninvited pet that my shelties just can't seem to catch!

Thanks for posting, Ingrid.

Ginny

o

Thanks Ginny. They are beautiful animals but I for sure have to watch before I let the dogs out. I had a mouse in the house but I think it died of old age. No more sign of it for quite a while. Hope all is going well for you. Just think in another 3 weeks the days will get a wee bit longer and we have spring to look forward to. New beginnings.Take care ingrid

o

Wow, its coat is so nice and thick i thought it was a cat, at first!

o

Great, ....you put him in a nice frame!
This young guy was also looking for food,..in the flower bed!

o

Another one...

o

That's a great picture of the coyote! We have them here but they don't come near the house, maybe because we have dogs. I think coyotes are really cute, that one has a nice full coat.
Konrad, I always enjoy looking at your pictures. I guess right now the deer have to look for food whereever they can find it.

o

Great pictures as usual Konrad. Are they taken with your motion detector camera?. Do you know the one that Lee Valley sells?. I wud love one but don't know what to get. And do not want to spend an absolute fortune on one..Any suggestions. There is a lovely 4pt buck around here as well as a bald eagle flying by every day.

o

Thank you all!
Yes, it's my home brew.
Not sure about Lee Valley, Cabela has a large selection, don't know which one, perhaps you can try one out, let them decide what's best for you, ...see what return policy they have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trailcameras

o

What ever cameras you guys are using, I hope you keep using them! I love that you are sharing the pics! I get my wildlife fix without having to leave home! :)

Ginny

PS Ingrid, Chloe finally caught the mouse but it had to trap itself in the sunflower bin first. Easy catch for a bigmouth sheltie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here