Checking out the place

Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 16:58

Came by to see if there were any goodies for him at the bird feeders
 photo Coyoteatbirdfeeders005_zps019b4bb6.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Checking out the place

Snow depth is getting to be a real problem... so these beauties are not fussy... bird feeders are doing a lot more than feeding the birds.

photo photo214_zps2c5834c6.jpg

This photo was taken a month ago...have recieved at least 1 meter of snow since then.

o

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 17:41

And it is still snowing. Had a moose in my back yard a couple weeks ago knee deep in snow. Deer are every where. That bull looks a bit amorous.

o

Love the pic, Ingrid! Only the birds and bunnies around here but I feed them religiously. If it keeps snowing like this, I just might have deer in my yard eating the bunny's oats! :)

Ginny

o

The deer here have only been coming at night lately. They try the bird feeder too, but the birds pretty much clean them out every day. Dh has hay and oats out for them, but they're still coming and trimming the cedars.

Love the pics! Rose, that reminds me of our cat - she used to sit in the window and watch the deer and the birds. :)

o

Great shot, Ingrid!

o

Excellent photography! It looks like it might wind up being a hard winter for wildlife.

We're getting a chance, now and then, to watch a grey owl hunting mice, somehow they manage to make their living in spite of the cold and snow.

Keep warm everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Far North Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here